New to site

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Frozen
New User
New User

New to site

Post by Frozen »

I am new to the site and so impressed with how positive everyone is.
I realize this is for folk with Apoe4 which I am not but I need help.
My spouse has just been diagnosed with toxic dementia I am at a loss as to where to start. I have read Dr. Bredesen's book and also a lot of the articles on this web site. We have registered for the reCode program and are implementing what we can.
My biggest hurdle is the diet. I have no idea how to start can someone give me some tips as to menu suggestions. We are slowly eliminating cereal and bread but are always hungry.
Thanks to all and continue your great work.
Frozen
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: New to site

Post by Julie G »

Welcome, Frozen. I’m so sorry to hear about your spouse. I’m hopeful that Dr. Bredesen’s approach will help. As a reCODE customer, you have access to very comprehensive nutritional guideline on the MPI website. Give them a call (800) 450-0805, if you can’t locate it on the website. We’ll do all we can to support you both on this journey.
Frozen
New User
New User

Post by Frozen »

Thank you. I must be patient and take this one day at a time.
F
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Frozen wrote:My biggest hurdle is the diet. I have no idea how to start can someone give me some tips as to menu suggestions. We are slowly eliminating cereal and bread but are always hungry.
Do you know our Wiki has a recipes section? https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Recipes_from_our_members
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thank you. I must be patient and take this one day at a time.
F
There's probably something to that. It's certainly a marathon, not a sprint... but you can get immediate access to nutrition info now by logging onto your reCODE report and scrolling to the bottom of the first page.
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Welcome to our group, Frozen. I'm so very sorry to hear about your spouse, but also glad you've found your way here. I know from my own personal experience that being part of a supportive community that understands what you're going through as you search for answers can make such a difference.

Although as you mentioned this site is primarily focused on Apoe4 carriers, many of the lifestyle strategies/recommendations addressed in our site Primer are generally applicable for overall health. It also includes a section discussing healthy diets that you may find helpful.

Frozen, I'm hopeful that you see progress as your spouse implements Dr Bredesen's reCode program. Please don't hesitate to ask questions of the group along the way and feel free to share updates with us at any point.
all the best to you both..Lucy