First bit of bloodwork — any advice appreciated

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: First bit of bloodwork — any advice appreciated

Post by slacker »

Alexis;

During my delay in getting back to you, two ideal members have responded to your concerns on your lipid panel results and access to tests in the UK. Thanks Stavia and Orangeblossom! (now you know why I am slacker 8-) )
The primer suggests these tests to look at insulin resistance (IR). It can be difficult to get insurance to cover all of these in the US as well. Fasting glucose, HbA1c, and triglycerides will be a good place to start to determine IR for you. Good luck!
Slacker
E4/E4
Alexis
Contributor
Contributor

Re: First bit of bloodwork — any advice appreciated

Post by Alexis »

slacker wrote:Alexis;

During my delay in getting back to you, two ideal members have responded to your concerns on your lipid panel results and access to tests in the UK. Thanks Stavia and Orangeblossom! (now you know why I am slacker 8-) )
The primer suggests these tests to look at insulin resistance (IR). It can be difficult to get insurance to cover all of these in the US as well. Fasting glucose, HbA1c, and triglycerides will be a good place to start to determine IR for you. Good luck!

Thank you! Your responses since I joined this forum have been anything but slack :)

Warmest

Alexis