"Tricks and tips" for getting the most from the ApoE4 website

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: "Tricks and tips" for getting the most from the ApoE4 website

Post by floramaria »

nklinghoffer0807 wrote:I am new to This group. I have seen Bredesen trained doctor in the past . I had the Great Plains test for mold and I was told to order Petri dishes abs check my house? The Mycophenolic acid came back at 147.93 I am very confused. Dr Bredesen told me to re read the first book on the molds but I am still confused?
Hi nklinghoffre0807, Welcome to the website! I am not well-versed in mycotoxins so cant provide any real insight into your question. Hopefully your doctor or some other people here can help you to interpret the results the testing. What your you Great Plains results? There are many community members who have a lot of experience with mycotoxins, and there are several Long and detailed threads that are specifically about that. Some of those may be helpful. To find them, use the magnifying glass to the left of your user name, and type in mold or mycotoxins into the search. (There were no hits when I searched for previous posts regarding mycophenolic acid. )
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Jenny B
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jenny B »

nklinghoffer0807 wrote:I am new to This group. I have seen Bredesen trained doctor in the past . I had the Great Plains test for mold and I was told to order Petri dishes abs check my house? The Mycophenolic acid came back at 147.93 I am very confused. Dr Bredesen told me to re read the first book on the molds but I am still confused?
Welcome to the community, nklinghoffer0807, and thank you for reaching out with this question which seems to be coming up a lot in different forms lately. I did a search using the magnifying glass for mold toxicity and found a few conversations on the topic. I think you might find this conversational thread particularly useful. Please feel free to explore this wonderful and informative community using the previously mentioned search function. Another resource you may have seen is the Primer written by a doctor who is herself, ApoE 4/4. It is an introduction to ApoE4 and possible prevention strategies. Also, the How-To Guide can help you navigate the ApoE4.info website to find all the information that is contained inside. We hope you find all you need and more here and please feel free to reach out anytime. Which reminds me to tell you that using the Quotes Function is like tagging someone so that they know you've replied. We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Warm regards,

Jenny
Jenny B, ND
FMCHC, NBC-HWC
ApoE4.info Sr Support Intern
National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Naturopathic Doctor
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Do you mean MMP-9, rather than mycophenolic acid (which is a drug metabolite despite the "myco" in its name)? MMP-9 is one of several tests that can be ordered to try to determine presence of CIRS (chronic inflammatory response syndrome). MMP-9 alone does not clinch a diagnosis.

Can you give us more insight into what specifically confuses you? Granted, this is a very confusing subject!
Slacker
E4/E4
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Hi nkliinghoffer0807--Mycophenolic acid is a mycotoxin produced by Penicillium mold. This mycotoxin is an immunosuppressant. A level of 147.93 puts you well above Great Plain's "normal range" which is less than 37.4 ng/g creatine. Usually when someone has a mycotoxin test result that comes back high, the doctor will ask you to figure out where you were (or still are) exposed to that mold. That might have been why you were told to order Petri dishes? To check for mold in your home or work place?

There are lots of ways to check for mold in your home, testing with Petri dishes is just one way. Have you performed an ERMI (Environmental Relative Moldiness Index) test on your home? Here is a resource that may help you learn more about this.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach