Is there any hope after getting these results at age65?

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
hairyfairy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is there any hope after getting these results at age65?

Post by hairyfairy »

I`m the same age as you, & discovered that I have one copy of the apoe4 gene a few days ago with an online genetic test. It`s encouraging for me to read that you have no family history despite having two copies of the gene.
Kyearty
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kyearty »

Scaredstiff1223

I am 64 and 4/4 as well. Both parents had the disease and lived into their 80’s and 90’s. Both of them were on drugs to slow the progress of the disease. About 12 months ago, I began to notice some memory issues. I began researching dementia and found Dr. Dale Breadesen’s book, The End of Alzheimer’s. I read it and decided to do whatever was nesessary to prevent a similar outcome as my parents. I also had a very large WHY. I want to be of sound mind to see my 11month old granddaughter get married. I contacted a local Functional Medicine Provider and started the Bredesen Protocall. After almost 4 months, my diet has completely changed, I exercise at least 4 to 5 days per week and my cognitive score has improved. If you will just find that “WHY” it can motivate you to do whatever is necessary. Your future is in your hands. Embrace it and work hard. You can do this!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Scaredstiff1223 wrote:Thank you all for your comments. I have my good days and I have my bad days.
Kyearty wrote:Scaredstiff1223 I am 64 and 4/4 as well. Both parents had the disease and lived into their 80’s and 90’s. Both of them were on drugs to slow the progress of the disease. About 12 months ago, I began to notice some memory issues. I began researching dementia and found Dr. Dale Breadesen’s book, The End of Alzheimer’s. I read it and decided to do whatever was nesessary to prevent a similar outcome as my parents. I also had a very large WHY. I want to be of sound mind to see my 11month old granddaughter get married. I contacted a local Functional Medicine Provider and started the Bredesen Protocall. After almost 4 months, my diet has completely changed, I exercise at least 4 to 5 days per week and my cognitive score has improved. If you will just find that “WHY” it can motivate you to do whatever is necessary. Your future is in your hands. Embrace it and work hard. You can do this!
Welcome back, Kyearty!

I took the liberty of copying your kind reply to scaredstiff123, and putting our format for "quotes" around that earlier post, so that she/he gets an email notification of your reply. I'm glad your work with the functional medicine provider in Tyler, Texas is going well. You may want to post a review of that person on our Practitioner Review forum, to help others in your area.

You also may want to check out the new "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website. It's got helpful step-by-step directions with screen shots of how to quote, insert URLs, subscribe to a topic to get notified of any posts, and other fun tips.

(And I hope you don't get any flooding from Hurricane Wilma!)
4/4 and still an optimist!