MD in Miami, FL

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Rustydog
New User
New User

MD in Miami, FL

Post by Rustydog »

I stumbled on this site while searching for a doctor in Miami. I still haven't found one that is Bredesen approved. Does anyone have a recommendation? I read Bredesen's book and am going through this site to help my father who is declining mentally. Neither of us have been tested for the gene. Regardless I am still trying to make some lifestyle changes.
GLS18
Contributor
Contributor

Re: MD in Miami, FL

Post by GLS18 »

Rustydog wrote:I stumbled on this site while searching for a doctor in Miami. I still haven't found one that is Bredesen approved. Does anyone have a recommendation? I read Bredesen's book and am going through this site to help my father who is declining mentally. Neither of us have been tested for the gene. Regardless I am still trying to make some lifestyle changes.
Hi Rustydog and a warm welcome to our community!

Your father is fortunate to have you committed to his wellbeing. Regardless of whether you and/or your father carry the ApoE4 gene, lifestyle changes account for an incredible 75% and make a significant impact on overall and cognitive health. The Primer beautifully compiled by Stavia, a practitioner and fellow member, provides several lifestyle factors to optimize cognitive health. If you do consider getting tested, you may also find the following helpful: Thinking About Testing.

In regards to your search for a Bredesen trained practitioner in Miami Florida, I discovered Rezilir Health with offices in nearby Hollywood via ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners. MPI Cognition is another resource. Please note that the company is undergoing a transition and there are fees associated with locating a Bredesen trained practitioner.

If you would like to learn how to subscribe to this forum/topic for notification of new posts and discover tips on navigating this site, click here: How To Get The Most From The ApoE4.Info Website. Section 5 of this brilliant guide explains how to do a search and you can try doing further searches of the forums for Florida practitioners.

A couple of things to keep in mind that may be of support in expanding your search: there are many excellent physicians with a focus on cognitive health who are not Bredesen trained and many physicians utilize telemedicine. This means that you may be able to do all of your visits, or at least follow-ups after your initial in-person visit, through a teleconferencing platform like Zoom, for example.

Wishing you all the best with your search! Please keep us posted and let us know how you and your father are doing.

Again, a warm welcome:)
Gina
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches Certification Candidate, Fall 2018
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi
GLS18
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GLS18 »

Rustydog wrote:I stumbled on this site while searching for a doctor in Miami. I still haven't found one that is Bredesen approved. Does anyone have a recommendation? I read Bredesen's book and am going through this site to help my father who is declining mentally. Neither of us have been tested for the gene. Regardless I am still trying to make some lifestyle changes.
Hi again Rustydog!

Here is another resource for your search: Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner

Hope it proves helpful!
Gina
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches Certification Candidate, Fall 2018
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Greetings Rustydog and welcome to the apoe4.info site. We are glad to have you on board. Congratulations and good luck with the lifestyle changes you are seeking to implement. Please let us know how else we might be of service to you!
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Rustydog
New User
New User

Post by Rustydog »

Thank you both for getting back to me. I am also awaiting an email from MCI. It sounds like there are several practitioners in Miami. It is all a little overwhelming. A doctor's help would make these lifestyle changes so much easier. Plus I'm not sure how to get all the testing done without a doctor to order them. Have you undergone testing for gluten and casein sensitivity, or do you assume they cause leaky gut and eliminate them? I am already pretty health conscious but completely giving up certain things will be hard. Getting tested and finding out that I am positive might be the incentive I need. Thank you again for your responses.
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Chameleon »

Also Rezilir Health is qualified to deal with mold as well.