Best news sources for new research?

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Grandkid
Contributor
Contributor

Best news sources for new research?

Post by Grandkid »

I am curious where people get their information on new research, prevention strategies etc. What are the best newsletters, websites or any other sources that people here follow?
Learning for the long term. 3/4
babl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Best news sources for new research?

Post by babl »

I like the podcasts from Dr. Rhonda Patrick (her website is called Found My Fitness) and Dr. Peter Attia. While they often talk about research relating to Alzheimer's and cognitive memory issues, they also cover a lot of research in many other areas (though I find much of it still relating, if you're familiar with Dr. Bredesen's work).
dcox
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dcox »

babl wrote:I like the podcasts from Dr. Rhonda Patrick (her website is called Found My Fitness) and Dr. Peter Attia. While they often talk about research relating to Alzheimer's and cognitive memory issues, they also cover a lot of research in many other areas (though I find much of it still relating, if you're familiar with Dr. Bredesen's work).
Welcome babl!
I agree with you I enjoy Dr. Patrick's podcasts as she gets into the "nuts and bolts" so to speak of the current research into so many areas that affect cognitive issues, directly or indirectly! Unfortunately I have not been able to watch/listen to Dr. Attia, but he is on the top of my list right now.

We would love to hear more of your story and what has brought you to ApoE4.info, feel free to post on the Our Stories forum anytime.

As you will find as you explore this site, you are surrounded by like-minded, caring and courageous people who are determined to reverse, prevent and stop dementia, AD and cognitive decline in its tracks! As you will also find there is a huge amount of information in these amazing pages. Here are a few highly recommended pages that will give you great places to start taking a deeper dive into the site: the Wiki Page, where you will find some more in depth topics; "How-To" get the most out of the APoE4.info website page, is very easy to use and will allow you to spend your time on the site more efficiently. I also highly recommend the Primer it's a great place to start and to learn more about AD, it was written by Stavia, one of our most active members who is also a doctor, and is E4/E4 herself.

We are all here to support each other, so feel free to reach out to me or anyone else on the site as questions arise.

Find your joy and hope in each new day and each new discovery along your path,
Deb
Deb
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Enrolled in Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches
Choose Hope
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

For many years I've just used Google Alerts that I set up with various keywords. You can get it in a daily digest form, and just scan through quickly to see what is fluff and what is worth reading.

That said, I'm a fan of Chris Masterjohn on all things diet/supplements. Good stuff, especially his Chris Masterjohn lite videos - 5-6 minutes on a specific topic. His recent set is on supplementing zinc.
Grandkid
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grandkid »

Thank you Susan and babl! Dr. Rhonda Patrick and Chris Masterjohn are new to me, so I will definitely take a look. Dr. Peter Attia seems to take an extremely informational and detailed approach. I found Dr. Isaacson out of Cornell through Peter Attia's podcast, and Dr. Isaacson has a feature on Medscape that is good.

Isaacson/Attia Pod - https://peterattiamd.com/richardisaacson/
Isaacson on Alzheimer's column on Medscape - https://www.medscape.com/index/section_10411_0
Learning for the long term. 3/4
BrianR
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by BrianR »

Grandkid wrote:I am curious where people get their information on new research, prevention strategies etc. What are the best newsletters, websites or any other sources that people here follow?
Science Daily summarizes newly released research reports. For example: https://www.sciencedaily.com/news/mind_ ... zheimer's/