Bredesen practitioner in NC?

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
AlzSlayer
New User
New User

Bredesen practitioner in NC?

Post by AlzSlayer »

I'm new to the forum. I hope that someone can offer some assistance with finding a Bredesen protocol physician in North Carolina. Any and all options welcome! Trying to get my loved one some help ASAP! Thanks in advance!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Bredesen practitioner in NC?

Post by NF52 »

AlzSlayer wrote:I'm new to the forum. I hope that someone can offer some assistance with finding a Bredesen protocol physician in North Carolina. Any and all options welcome! Trying to get my loved one some help ASAP! Thanks in advance!
Welcome Alzslayer!

Here's a link to what I hope is a useful list of suggestions about finding a practitioner who can help with the Bredesen, or similar protocols, in North Carolina. Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner

Your user name suggests you are ready for battle to help your loved one, which is something I'm sure is deeply appreciated. We each have to find a way to "arm" ourselves in the event of a loved one's illness; not only for their sake but for our own. As someone who worked with families with children with brain injuries, we often talked about the feeling in the beginning that you have to martial resources, whether from medical professionals, friends, family, employers, etc. As the landscape becomes a little clearer as to the immediate and possibly longer term needs of the loved one, families often realized the challenges weren't just in the illness or injury, but in the need to ask for support from others, rearrange long-held roles, focus on strengths and accommodate variations in mood and energy.

If, as your post suggests, your loved one has recently received a diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) or early-stage Alzheimer's, I hope you'll feel comfortable to ask for not only practitioner support, but support as a care partner, since many people on this forum are in that role, or have been in recent years.

You may also want to check out the Primer, by Stavia, a doctor who has ApoE 4/4 and has shared her wisdom on many topics. And the How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website will quickly show you how to quote members so they know you've replied to a post, how to search for a topic, and how to "subscribe" to a forum topic you're interested in.

You have found a place where we help each other and ourselves by sharing our experiences and hard-won wisdom. Feel free to ask more questions as they arise!
Last edited by NF52 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/4 and still an optimist!
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Chameleon »

Hi ALZSlayer,

Within the Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner is another link to APOE4 Aware Healthcare Practitioners:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/ApoE4-Awar ... ctitioners

There is at least one in NC in there.
srbogert
Contributor
Contributor

Post by srbogert »

Welcome AlzSlayer,
Support team members have already given you some great leads and advice (above). I just want to reinforce a couple of very important points made by NF52.
1) The Primer by Stavia is a great place to get started in learning about this disease and how it can be managed. Don;t skip it.
2) Be sure to seek support for yourself as well a your loved one. This group can help in that, but also include friends and family as your allies in this battle.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach