bredesen practitioner in or near west palm beach, FL

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: bredesen practitioner in or near west palm beach, FL

Post by mike »

komatta wrote:Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry to respond so late. I never got an email informing me that a reply had been posted, and just saw this now.
Komatta, you only get an email if someone quotes you like I did above. To do this, click on the double quote in upper right of post. All of the post will get added, but you can edit it. The only part you need to keep are the beginning and ending quote.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

You can arrange for email notifications for a topic even when you are not quoted by subscribing to it. It's one of the options in the dropdown menu with the wrench icon.
komatta
Contributor
Contributor

Post by komatta »

thanks
komatta
Contributor
Contributor

Post by komatta »

Hi Susan J,
My mother's last surgery, about 10 days ago, did require her to go under, and yes, she was foggy for quite a while after. She seems much better now. The next surgery will be under local anesthesia. Having her stick to the diet is not easy. She just loaded up on junk at trader joe's. I am not sure if she does not remember the guidelines, or just has decided to ignore them. She says that she wants to follow the diet, but does not. I am of 2 minds. At 87, why not eat what you want, but on the other hand, if it were me, and I had a chance of regaining my function, or at least slowing the slide, I would follow any diet. Thanks for the link to the detox powder, I will take a look at that. Much appreciated!
Help4MyMom
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Help4MyMom »

komatta wrote:Looking for a practitioner of the Bredesen protocol near West Palm Beach, FL, preferably one that accepts medicare/insurance. I have found the Rezlir institute about an hour from my place, but it is cash only. Any help appreciated.
Hi Komatta!

Have you found a Bredesen trained physician in South Florida? My mother is going through something similar and we are trying to find a doctor as well.

Best,
Help4MyMom
komatta
Contributor
Contributor

Post by komatta »

I have not found a bredesen trained practitioner yet. I am currently out of Florida, but will return soon, and try to manage my mother's protocol myself as best I can. If I can find a practitioner at a reasonable rate, I will go that route, if not I will use the book to guide me, though that doesn't seem like it will be easy. There are practitioners who will guide you online though, from wherever they are located. I don't know the details. If you do find someone in South Florida, please let me know. Thanks
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Help4MyMom wrote:
Hi Komatta!
Have you found a Bredesen trained physician in South Florida? My mother is going through something similar and we are trying to find a doctor as well.
Hi Help4MyMom and welcome to our community!

As a new member looking for a Bredesen-trained physician, I'd like to recommend you check out our Wiki section here which provides helpful suggestions for locating a healthcare practitioner. I don't know if you've determined if your Mom is an Apoe4 carrier, but if she is, you can find a list of ApoE4-aware practitioners here

We also highly recommend our site Primer as a wonderful resource for those carrying the E4 allele, as well as anyone focusing on general principles for aging healthfully. You may want to take advantage of our Wiki How-To-Guide to help you navigate our site more easily, and use the Search function under the microscope (along the top upper right of this page) to browse thru the forums for topics of interest to you.

Please don't hesitate to share and ask questions of the group as they come up! This is a very supportive community with a great deal of hard-won knowledge with a unifying goal and purpose. Wishing you the very best in your journey supporting and finding help for your Mom. Looking forward to hearing how you're doing along the way...warmly, Lucy
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

In addition to the ApoE4 aware practitioner list, we have other suggestions for finding Bredesen trained physicians. You can find them here. Remember that many of these doctors will provide telemedicine, so you don't necessarily have to find someone within an easy drive.
Slacker
E4/E4
GLS18
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GLS18 »

Help4MyMom wrote:
komatta wrote:Looking for a practitioner of the Bredesen protocol near West Palm Beach, FL, preferably one that accepts medicare/insurance. I have found the Rezlir institute about an hour from my place, but it is cash only. Any help appreciated.
Hi Komatta!

Best,
Help4MyMom
Hi & A Warm Welcome Help4MyMom!

Best wishes with your search for a Bredesen trained physician in South Florida. Both Lucy5 and Slacker provided excellent resources. As Slacker mentioned, you are not confined to South Florida as many practices provide services via teleconferencing platforms such as Zoom and Skype. While you may have to visit the practice for your first visit, you can usually conduct follow-up visits remotely.

Please keep us posted and when you find a practitioner for your Mom, it would be fantastic if you could provide feedback via Practitioner Reviews.

Wishing you well:)
Gina
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches Certification Candidate, Fall 2018
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi
komatta
Contributor
Contributor

Post by komatta »

slacker wrote:In addition to the ApoE4 aware practitioner list, we have other suggestions for finding Bredesen trained physicians. You can find them here. Remember that many of these doctors will provide telemedicine, so you don't necessarily have to find someone within an easy drive.
Thanks Slacker. I had not considered telemedecine. I am going to check out the link now.