organic plain yogurt Bredesen's diet

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
JesusMadeMe
Contributor
Contributor

organic plain yogurt Bredesen's diet

Post by JesusMadeMe »

We have just recently started Bredesen's Protocol and are looking for a support group to answer questions as we encounter them. One question we have now is regarding organic plain yogurt. Can anyone figure out how much would be appropriate to eat each day?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: organic plain yogurt Bredesen's diet

Post by Julie G »

Welcome, JMM! Dr. Bredesen generally believes that dairy is inflammatory. Small amounts of plain, full-fat goat or sheep yogurt is OK, best enjoyed occasionally.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

JesusMadeMe wrote:We have just recently started Bredesen's Protocol and are looking for a support group to answer questions as we encounter them. One question we have now is regarding organic plain yogurt. Can anyone figure out how much would be appropriate to eat each day?
Hi JesusMadeMe,
Welcome to our site!

Yes, dairy is on the list of most allergenic food groups.
Unfortunately, it is pro-inflammatory and creates problems for many people.
Why do you want to eat it every day? I there a specific nutrient you are looking to deliver to your body by eating dairy? Are you interested in exploring alternatives to dairy?

Our Primer touches up on some dietary suggestions which are closely align with the Recode. Besides that, it also explains in uncomplicated way the science behind Apoe allele and presents some easy to follow prevention strategies. I invite you to explore it:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

We also would love to learn more about YOU. When you find a free moment, please post your introduction in “our stores”. It is really great to read inspiring stories form people who follow, breath and live Dr. Bredens’s protocol :D

We are glad to have you here!
Please reach out if more questions come up.

My best,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
SamNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SamNZ »

Hi JesusMadeMe, Welcome to this community, it sounds like you are doing the protocol with someone else which should provide you both with good support, and hopefully we here can help with that too. I love your curiosity and so here are a couple of posts that may be of interest to you that offer some more opinions and advice on dairy. I totally agree with Magda as to identify your need for the yogurt.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5863&hilit=dairy

If you feel the yogurt is a non negotiable for you, as long as you can establish that you are not at all sensitive to dairy, perhaps going down the A2 protein milk path could be an option, I suspect you would have to make your own yogurt in that case but it could be a way forward for you. I have found a thread that discusses the A2 protein and a website with a recipe to make your own!!! You will may have better resources you can find on the net but this could be a start.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5588&p=62278&hilit=dairy#p62278
https://www.a2milk.com/recipes/homemade-yogurt/
I have also seen some A2 organic yogurts advertised on the net if you have a look for around your area

I'm sure this poses more questions than answers you. Dairy it seems in all its forms (specifically with the A2 protein) is hard to really know what is causing the effects , as I expect that many of the trials done with the food are maybe influenced by the businesses who will gain. However as more and more data becomes available the A2 road might be an option

Hope this helps a little, I look forward to hearing more from you, keep up with the curiosity! Sam NZ
Samantha McBride
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach