Good Introductory video - Amy Berger

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Good Introductory video - Amy Berger

Post by TheresaB »

Found this recently posted presentation by Amy Berger, who wrote the book, The Alzheimer’s Antidote: Using a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet to Fight Alzheimer’s Disease, Memory Loss, and Cognitive Decline. She discusses Alzheimer's in general, ApoE4, Dr Dale Bredesen, and more! It's a good introductory video for newbies and a wonderful refresher for those of us who've been around here a while.

Keto Salt Lake 2019 - 07 - Amy Berger: Nourish Your Neurons: Alzheimer's Disease as Type 3 Diabetes
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Good Introductory video - Amy Berger

Post by TheresaB »

I e-mailed Amy requesting a copy of her slides since her presentation was so information rich. I'm sharing them via this link: Amy Berger slides from Keto SLC on Alzheimer's Disease for anyone else who might be interested.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

TheresaB wrote:I e-mailed Amy requesting a copy of her slides since her presentation was so information rich. I'm sharing them via this link: Amy Berger slides from Keto SLC on Alzheimer's Disease for anyone else who might be interested.
Great stuff Theresa! I really like her book The Alzheimer’s Antidote: Using a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet to Fight Alzheimer’s Disease, Memory Loss, and Cognitive Decline too.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
PSu82537%a6r_dnz
Contributor
Contributor

Don't miss this information Folks!!!

Post by PSu82537%a6r_dnz »

TheresaB wrote:I e-mailed Amy requesting a copy of her slides since her presentation was so information rich.
Theresa, thank you very very much for posting this. Though it just cost me the last two or three hours of my life, it was so worthwhile I want to encourage everyone to check this out. It makes me wonder how much other wonderful stuff I must have missed because I don't check this site every day. I almost skipped your post because of the word "introductory" but I am so glad I read it. I first went through the slides and found them so interesting that I went back, saw that there was a video, and watched every minute of it. And I do plan to watch it again, it was that good. Of course, one video leads to another and another, but for some reason today they were all so excellent that I was captivated literally for hours. This web site and forum is such a treasure, I want to thank all who contribute and maintain it. I hope it doesn't make me seem conceited that I almost skipped an "introductory" video, but we all have so many demands on our time that choices have to be made. In this case I am very glad that I made the decision to follow this chain of resources. Have a great day people!
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Yes, very worth watching. And again: ApoE4 + Carbs = AD
Sonoma Mike
4/4
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thjj »

This is info I'm always definitely interested in.
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none
engineerann
Contributor
Contributor

Post by engineerann »

I'm reading her book right now and it's excellent. She explains everything very clearly and succinctly, great for someone like me with no medical or biology background (but I've been very interested in food and eating well for several years, and have read several books). Thanks for the slides! Off to watch/listen to the video.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Great video! Theresa, thanks for posting a link to it and getting access to Berger’s slides.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!