Testing frequency and testing in other countries

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Testing frequency and testing in other countries

Post by Daymoo »

Hello, I have an appt with a Bredesen trained doctor, and i want to make sure I can comply with the protocol before I undertake it.

I am planning to either move to or spend a protracted time in Mexico in four and a half months. I figure I'm already 1/4 way into the protocol, having taken tests with my functional medicine doctor and gotten up to optimal level of eg vitamin D. I've also been in mild ketosis for some time.

My question is: is it possible to tweak and optimize all, or most, of the nutritional biomarkers (zinc/copper ratio, that kind of thing) in four and a half months, and then coast with the diet and supplements? My concern is that the biomarker tests may not be available in Mexico.

Thanks!
Existence/is neither/a right nor//privilege/nor any//thing but
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Testing frequency and testing in other countries

Post by Daymoo »

Daymoo wrote:Hello, I have an appt with a Bredesen trained doctor, and i want to make sure I can comply with the protocol before I undertake it.

I am planning to either move to or spend a protracted time in Mexico in four and a half months. I figure I'm already 1/4 way into the protocol, having taken tests with my functional medicine doctor and gotten up to optimal level of eg vitamin D. I've also been in mild ketosis for some time.

My question is: is it possible to tweak and optimize all, or most, of the nutritional biomarkers (zinc/copper ratio, that kind of thing) in four and a half months, and then coast with the diet and supplements? Aternatively, could I do four and a half months of testing and then take four months off and then resume? My concern is that the biomarker tests may not be available in Mexico.

Thanks!
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

Hi Daymoo

Regarding your questions about testing in Mexico, I have a brother who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in Mexico City and I found 2 FM doctors and we have an appointment with one of them there.

So yes, if you are going to Mexico City you can do the Bredesen Protocol there.

Let me know if you need any help with names and addresses.

Roxanne
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Daymoo;

It's quite possible that you can wait to retest any non-optimal labs when you return stateside. I personally would never use the word "coast" when it comes to the protocol! Hoping that this will be the case for you. :lol:
Slacker
E4/E4
Gigi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gigi »

There are a few of us following the protocol in Los Barriles in Baja. Happy to connect if you will be nearby. We are there roughly November through April.
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Daymoo »

Gigi wrote:There are a few of us following the protocol in Los Barriles in Baja. Happy to connect if you will be nearby. We are there roughly November through April.
Cool, Gigi, I wanted to move there, but the lack of medical care indicated on the internet directed me to Puerto Vallarta. I don't suppose there are any FM doctors or good osteopaths around that I am missing?

Gracias!
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Daymoo »

slacker wrote:Daymoo;

It's quite possible that you can wait to retest any non-optimal labs when you return stateside. I personally would never use the word "coast" when it comes to the protocol! Hoping that this will be the case for you. :lol:
Slacker and others,

Could you elaborate a little bit? This is one thing I may have missed from reading the book. I understand the initial commitment is between four months and a year, generally speaking, to get all the tests done and to retest, after starting on the program. After that, how often do you need retesting and tweaking of supplements?
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Daymoo wrote:
slacker wrote:
Slacker and others,

Could you elaborate a little bit? This is one thing I may have missed from reading the book. I understand the initial commitment is between four months and a year, generally speaking, to get all the tests done and to retest, after starting on the program. After that, how often do you need retesting and tweaking of supplements?
I think the commitment is life long. How often one needs to test depends on what abnormalities have the potential to, or are already causing, cognitive decline. For example, if a low vitamin D level is the only abnormality, once it becomes optimum with appropriate supplementation, then continuing supplements and checking once a year may be enough. On the other hand, if CIRS driven by mold illness is an underlying problem, mold exposure must be eliminated prior reducing frequency of testing. Finding reputable mold remediators who follow the approach recommended by Dr Bredesen are difficult to find, and moving to another home in the same city may not be any better. Homes in both dry and wet climates can have mold. In a third scenario, others may feel good, and have a strong family history of AD. They may elect to implement lifestyle changes only, and not do any form of testing. Many many approaches to this.
Slacker
E4/E4