Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Gearshift
New User
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby Gearshift » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:18 am

My mother got diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few months ago, after a period of what I assumed were burnout or depression.
I would like her to try Bredesen’s Recode. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get blood testing done in Sweden or elsewhere in Europe?

User avatar
Saskia
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:06 am

Re: Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby Saskia » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Could you talk your family doctor into ordering a comprehensive blood test for your mother, asking if she/he will let you indicate what you want to test your mother for? If you have a cooperative doctor who is willing to take the odd request from a respectful patient it may be as simple as that - the insurance justification might simply be "peace of mind" (I've had this once for something else).

I'm a bit shy to ask my own doctor now (as I have no symptoms) and commercially available tests here in the Netherlands look a lot more limited in scope (focused on anonymous STD detection etc). I'll follow this thread. I hope for your mother that you can sort it with doctors already "on the case" - or have they already rejected this?
45 years old, E4/E4 and strangely no AD in (large) family. Mother (73 yo) E4/E4, father (87 yo) E4/E3, both symptom free. Recently started 16h fasts, taking resveratrol/B12/curcumin/krill oil/folic acid. Working on minimizing sugar & refined carbs

User avatar
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby Jmac » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Gearshift wrote:I would like her to try Bredesen’s Recode. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get blood testing done in Sweden or elsewhere in Europe?


I noticed on this page that there is an international link on the left side: https://www.truehealthlabs.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=gordon_bredesen_panel#lhe

I took my mom to my doctor. She was open to doing the tests and managed to do the vast majority through Mom's insurance. We had to give reasons (diabetes in the family, had a cat for the toxins, etc.). I know things work differently depending on the country, part of the world you are in. I hope you will be as lucky as I was. If not, hopefully the link above will work for you. I found it while trying to find the entire Bredesen Protocol, tests, etc.

max_l_100
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 am
Location: maxlaufeld@gmail.com

Re: Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby max_l_100 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Gearshift wrote:My mother got diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few months ago, after a period of what I assumed were burnout or depression.
I would like her to try Bredesen’s Recode. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get blood testing done in Sweden or elsewhere in Europe?

Hi Gearshift, I am in almost the exact same situation as you are. I live in Sweden and my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in September after about 5 years with MCI. I have searched for ways to participate in Recode, and have come up with some mixed results. I would be happy to pool information with you.

Flo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:15 am
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands

Re: Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby Flo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:12 pm

max_l_100 wrote:Hi Gearshift, I am in almost the exact same situation as you are. I live in Sweden and my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in September after about 5 years with MCI. I have searched for ways to participate in Recode, and have come up with some mixed results. I would be happy to pool information with you.


Hi max_I_100,

It's great to have you on the forum, welcome!
And how wonderful that you have found someone in the same situation as you in the right part of the world! Technology is an amazing way of getting people together, isn't it?
If you are considering trying the Recode protocol on your own, there is a conversation that might help you Can I practice the Bredesen Protocol without a practitioner. There are lots of steps detailed in the primer you could start implementing also.
Should you need any help in using the forum, the how-to section of the wiki is really helpful.

I hope that you manage to pool resources with Gearshift!
All the best

Flo

max_l_100
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 am
Location: maxlaufeld@gmail.com

Re: Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby max_l_100 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Thanks Flo - that primer is really helpful.

max_l_100
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 am
Location: maxlaufeld@gmail.com

Re: Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby max_l_100 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:00 am

Flo wrote:Hi max_I_100,
...


Hi, I tried to send a personal message to Gearshift, but got the message "The requested users to be added do not exist." The same message also appeared when I tried to send a personal message to you, so it is definitely a technical error. Can you do something about it? My email is in the margin here (I put it as my location).

Max

NF52
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:41 am
Location: Eastern U.S.

Re: Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby NF52 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:57 am

max_l_100 wrote:
Flo wrote:Hi max_I_100,
...


Hi, I tried to send a personal message to Gearshift, but got the message "The requested users to be added do not exist." The same message also appeared when I tried to send a personal message to you, so it is definitely a technical error. Can you do something about it? My email is in the margin here (I put it as my location).

Max
Hi Max!
You have to post 3 times to become a “Contributor” and have access to Private Messages. So just send a quick reply back to me (one word is fine!) and then try again. Be sure you enter Gearshift as one word. If you still have a problem, try sending me a private message (NF52) to see if that works. If it does, I can reply to you and copy Gearshift in also.
Good luck!!
4/4 and still an optimist!

max_l_100
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 am
Location: maxlaufeld@gmail.com

Re: Where to get blood testing done in Sweden/Europe?

Postby max_l_100 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:06 am

Testing


Return to “Getting Started”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

 

cron