Lab test result implications

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
baysidewalk
Contributor
Contributor

Lab test result implications

Post by baysidewalk »

Hi --

I have APOE4, both alleles. I recently found with one of my blood tests, that I have a VERY high Trans.Growth Factor beta1 result - 9100.

Does anyone know of any recent research on this factor result? the normal range is 867-6662 in healthy adults. I have read several studies on the internet that are confusing (highly technical med terminology) . It seems to positively boost the immune system in the brain, which should be good. It correlates with increased cortical thickness. It also correlates with increased tau particles and maybe with rapidity of Alzheimers progression but I'm not sure I'm reading that correctly. Much of this research was done in the early 2000's and I am interested in more current findings and what the implications are for APOE4, other than it has direct and conflicting implications! For now, my doctor has not responded.

Thanks for any information!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Lab test result implications

Post by Julie G »

Elevated TGF-Beta 1 is one indication of a condition called chronic inflammatory response syndrome. You might be interested in this thread to learn more.