Which is the best precision glucose ketone monitor system to buy online from Amazon?

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Greenthumb
New User
New User

Which is the best precision glucose ketone monitor system to buy online from Amazon?

Post by Greenthumb »

I just went online to amazon as suggested in Appendix B of the ReCode book only to be overwhelmed by the options available.
Please, any suggestions as to which one to purchase?
Walnut26
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Which is the best precision glucose ketone monitor system to buy online from Amazon?

Post by Walnut26 »

I recently purchased the Precision Xtra bundle (Abbott) that came with 30 strips each for ketones and glucose, 100 lancets, and a box of alcohol wipes. Around $100. Very happy with it. Purchased on Amazon.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Which is the best precision glucose ketone monitor system to buy online from Amazon?

Post by Magda »

Greenthumb wrote:Which is the best precision glucose ketone monitor system to buy online from Amazon?
I just went online to amazon as suggested in Appendix B of the ReCode book only to be overwhelmed by the options available.
Please, any suggestions as to which one to purchase?
Welcome to the forum Greeentumb,

We are glad to have you here. Kudos to you for finding Dr. Bredesen’s book and trying to implement the ReCode protocol.

I personally use Keto Mojometer. The company makes a device which measures both ketone levels and glucose.
The topic of ketone measuring devices was disused on the forum before. Here is a link to one of them: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6168&hilit=ketone+meters
I hope you will find a device you like.

I also would like to invite you to take a look at the Wiki page dedicated to Ketons and Ketogenic diet. Once you start measuring, I am sure this page will help you better understand what do the numbers mean, how the body uses ketone, types of ketones, and what ketogenic diet is.

Another good place to stop by is our PRIMER. The PRIMER a comprehensive overview of the science behind Apoe4 allele, it talks about prevention strategies, dietary changes, important biomarker to check. It has been written by a physician, a member of the site, and its similar in a lot of places to Dr. Bredesen's recommendations.

When you feel the time is right please write more about yourself. A good place to post your introduction is Our Stories.

Please do not hessite to ask if more questions come up.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Melanie R.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Melanie R. »

Walnut26 wrote:I recently purchased the Precision Xtra bundle (Abbott) that came with 30 strips each for ketones and glucose, 100 lancets, and a box of alcohol wipes. Around $100. Very happy with it. Purchased on Amazon.
Hello walnut26,

Welcome to the site! I'm glad to hear you are happy with the Precision Xtra bundle (Abbott). I've heard great things about it. It's always nice when you can find purchases on Amazon :D

We appreciate your input on the forum. If you get a chance and are comfortable, feel free to introduce yourself as we'd love to learn more about you.

There is also an excellent Primer written by a member, Dr. Stavia, that has great information about ApoE4, biochemistry and possible prevention strategies.

The Wiki is also another resource that may be helpful for you in navigating the site.

Once again welcome to the forum.

Warmest regards,
Melanie
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (ReCODE)