Hi, I'm new

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Truffle
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hi, I'm new

Post by Truffle »

Hi That would be kind of you please. Willem
carrie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by carrie »

willem@brain-fit.net wrote:Hallo

I am new to this site and glad I was by the grace of God exposed to Dr Bredesen's work. 14 months ago I was diagnosed with onset Alzheimer's and here in South Africa this is your death sentence according to everybody but only until you read Dr Bredesen's work. I was in bad shape and tried to follow the Bredesen protocol on my own after I read his book. I did a FDG Pet scan after 12 months and the result: ''Normal FDG Brain" I am 69 years of age and better than ever before.

I am now trying to get the South Africans and our doctors to buy into the Protocol: My project is called: "Help me grow the membership base for Dementia Survivors." This is an uphill task and to change the mindset will take time. I am now trying to recruit 10 medical doctors, 10 dentists and 10 brain health coaches to do the ReCODE02 training. The plan is to create a critical mass so that people here can get hope and discard the doom attitude imposed on us.

I am not a medical doctor but a social scientist and enrolled for ReCODE 02 myself. Wish me luck and thanks for allowing me to be part of this site.

I attach a proposal I send to one of our large medical aid schemes to apply for funding for the project.

Grow the Dementia (Alzheimer's) Survivor Club.pdf

Willem Mostert

Hello Willem -

As an intern on the forum, it is my pleasure to extend a warm welcome to the ApoE4 Community. You are absolutely in the right place to find support and to contribute to the community.

Since you are new to the site, I wanted to be sure to highlight a few places that I found very helpful when I started.
The How-To guide, found under resources on the main page of the Wiki is full of useful tips on topics such as posting, searching, and private messaging. One, in particular, I would like to mention is using the quotes button ('') when posting a reply. This feature will automatically alert the other person via email of your reply. It really helps keep the conversation rolling. The Primer is a very insightful post written by a physician member of the community.

I am so glad to hear you are doing well on your protocol. Your story can serve as an inspiration to others who might be visiting. Thank you for sharing.

Willem, so glad you have joined the conversation. Best wishes on your project! I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum. In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding the navigation of the site, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
Carrie
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I am new to this site and glad I was by the grace of God exposed to Dr Bredesen's work. 14 months ago I was diagnosed with onset Alzheimer's and here in South Africa this is your death sentence according to everybody but only until you read Dr Bredesen's work. I was in bad shape and tried to follow the Bredesen protocol on my own after I read his book. I did a FDG Pet scan after 12 months and the result: ''Normal FDG Brain" I am 69 years of age and better than ever before.
That is amazing, Willem. Congratulations for not believing the false paradigm, healing yourself, and now working to spread this information in your country. I love your spirit of activism. I just forwarded your proposal to Dr. Bredesen, just to make him aware of your work. I strongly share your sentiments below and join your cause.
I side with the progressive spirit of those who discard the current belief and endeavour to find a solution for the dementia epidemic which is unfolding across the world by thinking differently about the causes and solutions for dementia.
Truffle
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Truffle »

Dear Julie
You created a wonderful website and I will definitely be a regular on it.
Willem
Truffle
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Truffle »

Dear July
I am watching your series on B7 and enjoy it very much. You refer very often to documents one can download, e.g. on diet and stress. I cannot find anything on www.apollohealthco.com. Is there another site I should find?

Thanks

Willem
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I am watching your series on B7 and enjoy it very much. You refer very often to documents one can download, e.g. on diet and stress. I cannot find anything on http://www.apollohealthco.com. Is there another site I should find?
Thank you, Willem. I think you have to be logged into the site as a practitioner (or participant) to get access, in which case they can be found here. In your case, however, I realize that you won't fall into either of those categories. Let me reach out to the Apollo Health team to see how I can get you access.
Truffle
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Truffle »

Dear Julie

I completed the Recode 02 available sections. I found your B7 very informative but I had problems with 2 questions.

1. One exercise session a day is sufficient? Your answer is False. Is this right and if not how many sessions per day should it be. I thought one session per week is not sufficient but 1 a day might be fine otherwise you might over-exercise.

The question on the three types of dementogens indicate that allergens is number 3 but should it not be Organic Chemicals as per your notes.

Sorry to sound clever.

Willem
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Dear Julie

I completed the Recode 02 available sections. I found your B7 very informative but I had problems with 2 questions.

1. One exercise session a day is sufficient? Your answer is False. Is this right and if not how many sessions per day should it be. I thought one session per week is not sufficient but 1 a day might be fine otherwise you might over-exercise.

The question on the three types of dementogens indicate that allergens is number 3 but should it not be Organic Chemicals as per your notes.

Sorry to sound clever.

Willem
First, Willem, you ARE very clever and I appreciate the questions. :D Re. exercise, the answer is false. Sadly, one exercise session per day likely isn't sufficient to counteract our increasingly sedentary lives. We were trying to stress the idea that we all need to move more throughout the day in addition to a daily dedicated exercise session. Re. the 3 types of dementogens, my answer key indicates b, d, f ( f = organic chemicals) which corresponds with your understanding. Sounds like something may have gotten lost in translation (?) I have a meeting scheduled later today in which I will try to clear that up and get you access to the guides. Thanks for your patience, my friend.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Good morning, Willem! I've just sent you a PM about how you can gain access to the educational guides that accompany the ReCODE 2.0 training. Please reach out to training@ahnphealth.com for further assistance. Best of luck with the rest of the training.
Renlets
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Renlets »

willem@brain-fit.net wrote:Hallo

I am new to this site and glad I was by the grace of God exposed to Dr Bredesen's work. 14 months ago I was diagnosed with onset Alzheimer's and here in South Africa, this is your death sentence according to everybody but only until you read Dr Bredesen's work. I was in bad shape and tried to follow the Bredesen protocol on my own after I read his book. I did a FDG Pet scan after 12 months and the result: ''Normal FDG Brain" I am 69 years of age and better than ever before.

I am now trying to get the South Africans and our doctors to buy into the Protocol: My project is called: "Help me grow the membership base for Dementia Survivors." This is an uphill task and to change the mindset will take time. I am now trying to recruit 10 medical doctors, 10 dentists and 10 brain health coaches to do the ReCODE02 training. The plan is to create a critical mass so that people here can get hope and discard the doom attitude imposed on us.

Willem Mostert
Hi Willem,
Welcome to the APOE4.info forum. My name is Renny, in South Africa and I am an intern on the forum. Good to get someone from SA posting. I like your project and vision, definitely required by many. If it's ok I would like to connect with you and talk a little bit more about your plans and see how I can help.

Since you are new on the platform, make sure to explore a few of our wonderful resources on offer. First, the PRIMER, it is a great area to start in navigating the wealth of information on the site, it is written by one of our member physicians. The second area is the wiki, it is a handy research tool on any topic related to Brain Health. Lastly, there is a How-to-guide which gives details on how to use the site and tag people so that they get a notification on your correspondence.

I might be giving you information that someone has already provided, or you know about. I am just too excited to talk to someone from Mzanzi.

Let us connect, Take care

Renlets