UK Help Please

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
wac
Contributor
Contributor

UK Help Please

Post by wac »

Hi All,

I've just joined and wanted to ask if there were any members from the UK.

I would like to purchase Bredesen’s One Time Recode Report but this is not available in the UK for a single fee, unlike the US.
You have to sign up to a costly monthly subscription before even being allowed to look for qualified Practitioner.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get blood testing done in the UK please?

Thanks
Matthew
summer0088
Contributor
Contributor

Re: UK Help Please

Post by summer0088 »

Hi wac!

We're so excited to have you here! I am not sure about UK blood testing and membership but I bet some helpful members will chime in :-)

If you haven't already explored the forum, here are some areas that you may find helpful. The "How-to" guide in the wiki link is great and helps to get the most out of the Apoe4 website. You may also want to view the Primer, written by one of our physician members and is a great introduction. Also, feel free to introduce yourself to the community in the Our Stories section.

I hope you get an answer to your UK questions shortly and I can look into this for you. Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe out there :-)
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

wac wrote: I've just joined and wanted to ask if there were any members from the UK.

I would like to purchase Bredesen’s One Time Recode Report but this is not available in the UK for a single fee, unlike the US.
You have to sign up to a costly monthly subscription before even being allowed to look for qualified Practitioner.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get blood testing done in the UK please?
Hi Matthew;

You can find some other UK members who have posted in this thread. Participants here have self selected, so not a complete list (which we don't keep formally).
Slacker
E4/E4
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

wac wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Matthew
Hi Matthew,

Getting blood testing is a different question than finding a practitioner familiar with ApoE 4 and/or the Bredesen Protocol. It may be possible for you to talk to your NHS provider about some tests that would be particularly relevant, given your health, your history and/or your environmental exposure. Here's a link to the section of our Primer written by a doctor who practices in another country where it is also not typical to recommend the full battery of tests, in which she recommends looking at specific biomarkers: Biomarkers

You may also want to use these resource to find a Practitioner in the UK: Apoe4-Aware Health Practitioners and Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner.

It is possible that there are healthcare practitioners available in the EU, Ireland and/ore Channel Islands, depending on your ability to travel for consultation. Often doctors in a functional medicine practice will follow-up an initial consultation with online or video-conferencing,

Best of luck in getting the information and support you are seeking!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

One UK doc that has attended Bredesen's training is Rangan Chatterjee. He noted his attendance in his newsletter in 2017. I met Dr. Chatterjee at conference in 2016 and our President, Julie G, met him at Bredesen's training and said they got on very well.
Tincup
E3,E4
Kristina
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kristina »

wac wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Matthew
Hi Matthew

I am using CogMission in Edinburgh. So for, I have been really pleased with them. https://www.cogmission.co.uk/

Good luck!

Kristina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk