APOE e4

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
tinacanning
New User
New User

APOE e4

Post by tinacanning »

I noticed someone said there is a way to see if I have this off info from my 23 and me account, where would I find that? I have done the 23andme test and have my "raw data" but I have not bought the advanced packages. Thanks for the help
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: APOE e4

Post by Tincup »

Go here. Search for these SNPs in your raw data:

rs429358 rs7412 Name
C T ε1
T T ε2
T C ε3
C C ε4

Also scroll down on the first page of Stavia's Primer.
for a simplified table.

I've linked this table below.

Tincup
E3,E4
LindaSchill
Contributor
Contributor

Re: APOE e4

Post by LindaSchill »

tinacanning wrote:I noticed someone said there is a way to see if I have this off info from my 23 and me account, where would I find that? I have done the 23andme test and have my "raw data" but I have not bought the advanced packages. Thanks for the help
Hello tinacanning. Welcome to the ApoE4 website. We are grateful you have trusted us enough to ask for assistance. It looks like tincup has already shared some information regarding your question:) You will find we have many helpful and dedicated members here. Let us know if we can help you further once you understand your results.

If you are curious to find out more about what we do here, I suggest, if you haven't already done so, that you explore the Primer. A member physician wrote it. Lots of excellent information. Also, there is a handy magnifying glass search icon at the top of the homepage which is helpful in navigating the website.

One thing I'd like to reassure you with is "your genes are not your destiny". Feel free to explore!
Lindaschill
Caregiver of those Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Health Coach Trained in Bredesen Protocol