Rookie diet plan....needs review and critique :)

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Rookie diet plan....needs review and critique :)

Post by Richard McG »

Just looking at getting a little more serious with my APOE 4/4 status. Have done genetic testing and working with a Bredesen practitioner (though not really on the diet end). Did the RECODE and blood work should be coming back soon.

50 years of age no noticeable issues of AD......exercise frequently and have been following mostly the Bredensen diet. Fast 16 hours every day now. If there is one thing I need a little help on is my diet. Trying to find a dietician that is Bredensen trained. Hard to find in Canada. Will have to try our southern neighbours I think.

The issue is I'm around 137lbs in the morning and by the evening about 145 lbs. Use to be 165 (6ft male) before the quasi diet. Any ideas on getting up on the weight? I was very lean already! Was going to add some starchy veggies maybe sweet potatoes....even more nuts?

Anyways just curious how bad am I doing re. diet :)

Please feel free to look at my https://cronometer.com/ - did up a typical day (July 14th).

{deleted by Tincup for your safety, have people PM you if they want your info}

Oh, I replaced the veggie burgers listed for some amazing homemade ones suggested by Julie.

All the best stay safe.
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Rookie diet plan....needs review and critique :)

Post by floramaria »

Richard McG wrote:..... have been following mostly the Bredensen diet.
The issue is I'm around 137lbs in the morning and by the evening about 145 lbs. Use to be 165 (6ft male) before the quasi diet. Any ideas on getting up on the weight? I was very lean already! Was going to add some starchy veggies maybe sweet potatoes....even more nuts?
Please feel free to look at my https://cronometer.com/ - did up a typical day (July 14th).
Hi Richard McG, I took you up on your invitation to view your Cron-o-meter for today. Just a couple thoughts:
If the day you posted is really typical, it seems like you are getting enough calories.
It appears that you are ingesting more calories than you are burning. so that shouldn't be the problem. Is there any sign that you have malabsorption? any gut issues?
Is it possible that dehydration plays any part in your weight fluctuation?
As for eating starchy carbs, you've hit on an idea that is definitely worth a try. I have heard Dr Bredesen recommend that for people with low BMI, cycling out of a low carb/ketogenic diet for a day every week can help maintain weight. On that day, you eat more carbs. (if you are keto-adapted, you will get right back into ketosis once you switch back to low carb diet following day. )
Other than that, adding more healthy fats...EVOO, avocado oil, omega 3's....is a quick way to add more calories. For me, calories from oil seem to be easy for my body to process and help maintain weight.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Richard McG wrote:J

{edited by Tincup for your safety, ask people to PM you for the logon info}
Richard, your login and password are visible to anyone on the internet, not just ApoE4.info members. Just a reminder ;)
Slacker
E4/E4
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

@Floramari thanks so much for the advice I really appreciate you taking the time to look at it for me.

Thanks, @Slacker & Tincup but the account is just one day with an email I don't use. There is NO confidential materials on the account that I'm aware of. Just my data of what I ate on July 14th :)
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)