Fats in Cooking

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
wac
Contributor
Contributor

Fats in Cooking

Post by wac »

When calculating your macros to maintain a ketogenic state as descried in Dr Bredesen latest book.

When inputting your food into a web based programme like Cronometer. It doesn't state whether you should include the macros for the fat that you cook in. So for example when utilising a fat to fry or bake with do you account for those fats as part of your macro target or not?
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Fats in Cooking

Post by TheresaB »

That's a good question, so good, I think it has everyone stumped. My inclination is to say yes, include the fat that you're cooking in, but I think what you're getting at is that not all the fat gets absorbed, so not all of it is consumed. In that case I suggest you guess, by looking at how much is left over in the pan, and subtract that amount from what you started with.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Fats in Cooking

Post by floramaria »

wac wrote:When calculating your macros to maintain a ketogenic state as descried in Dr Bredesen latest book.

When inputting your food into a web based programme like Cronometer. It doesn't state whether you should include the macros for the fat that you cook in. So for example when utilising a fat to fry or bake with do you account for those fats as part of your macro target or not?
My sense of this is the same as TheresaB's. When tracking, my guess is total used in preparation minus what is left over =intake.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health