Hello..I am new

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
dimi1
New User
New User

Hello..I am new

Post by dimi1 »

and so happy I found this site!!..I just found out I am 4/2...and the reason I was tested was --to lose weight. Find out why my sed/rate inflammation test was high. and also because I found out that APOE 4 has issues with recovering from head injuries...I had a blow to the head in 2009 and was knocked out...It was a mild TBI...but like I read on the founders story of her brain injury...I too had balance issues, falling, cognitive issues and depression and anxiety...and still today there are whole blocks of my life I cannot remember...I FEEL VINDICATED...because I knew all what I was experiencing was due to the head injury...but the Neuro diagnosed me with depression , anxiety and conversion therapy ...and when I asked how conversion diagnoses related to my numb left side and dragging my left leg around...I got nothin...so now...I have been tested, I am preparing to follow the diet, start walking etc...but I feel like I need support and accountability...I think my therapist I see is useless and I do not know if she can help me recover/ go in a new direction...are there any local support groups??? I live in louisville ky...and I am so happy I found this site!!!
Jenny B
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hello..I am new

Post by Jenny B »

dimi1 wrote:and so happy I found this site!!..I just found out I am 4/2...and the reason I was tested was --to lose weight. Find out why my sed/rate inflammation test was high. and also because I found out that APOE 4 has issues with recovering from head injuries...I had a blow to the head in 2009 and was knocked out...It was a mild TBI...but like I read on the founders story of her brain injury...I too had balance issues, falling, cognitive issues and depression and anxiety...and still today there are whole blocks of my life I cannot remember...I FEEL VINDICATED...because I knew all what I was experiencing was due to the head injury...but the Neuro diagnosed me with depression , anxiety and conversion therapy ...and when I asked how conversion diagnoses related to my numb left side and dragging my left leg around...I got nothin...so now...I have been tested, I am preparing to follow the diet, start walking etc...but I feel like I need support and accountability...I think my therapist I see is useless and I do not know if she can help me recover/ go in a new direction...are there any local support groups??? I live in louisville ky...and I am so happy I found this site!!!
Please allow me to extend a warm welcome back to you, dimi1! We are so happy you found us as well. I can really appreciate that you are starting to discover answers to these issues triggered by your earlier brain trauma. The vindication is real and it's earned because you've fought an uphill battle for answers. This means that you are well equipped to embark on this path to improve and even transform your health. The awareness that you need some support and accountability is a big first step! There are lots of great resources and many terrific members here at ApoE4.info. One such resource is the Primer written by a doctor who is herself, ApoE 4/4. You may have taken a look at this already but it is PACKED with valuable information. It is an introduction to ApoE4 and possible prevention strategies. Also, the How-To Guide can help you navigate the ApoE4.info website. Here is a listing of ApoE4-Healthcare Practitioners and ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches from our WIKI that can support you on your journey, along with your new community here. Reach out with any questions, comments, etc.. and if you use the Quotes (") function it tags the person you're replying back to so they know you did. We're grateful you found us and hope to "see" you around!
Jenny B, ND
FMCHC, NBC-HWC
ApoE4.info Sr Support Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Naturopathic Doctor
dimi1
New User
New User

Re: Hello..I am new

Post by dimi1 »

thanks...I am perusing the website as fast as I can :)....I am just on cloud 9...that I am finally finding answers....