Mitochondria

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
SherylT
Contributor
Contributor

Mitochondria

Post by SherylT »

Hi I’m apoe4/e4 mthfr my mitochondria is not been working well at all. My fatigue has progressed that I’m in bed and it on sofa resting To walk or attempt to do anything is pretty impossible. This week each day was so bad to even sit in a chair would wipe me out. My arms and legs has so much pain I’m in Epsom salt bath multi times during day and thru night. I take rso indica or day one to help with pain. I want to sleep most of the time but during night I get so much pain that I woke up one night this week at 4 am next night 3 am. Next night 2 am which adds to my exhaustion. When I go to grocery I keep walking slower & slower as my energy level is used. It’s a struggle. My Dr this week I had an appointment but just using elevator to get to his office I exhausted all energy to get up there. He gave me a shot of NAD injection which was the first treatment wants to start me on patches. My other dr is starting the mito cocktail to help me. My seizures are back week ago I had
5 seizures one after another, I also get waves of feeling like going down a rollercoaster then my vision whites out then afterwards I’m confused memory doesn’t work. I’m trying to figure how to control the pain in my legs and arms, I have pain the shoots in my head, chest pains. Does anyone else have these problems with mitochondria dysfunction. I don’t want myself to get to that much fatigue exhaustion where I feel like I can’t sit or stand up. If any tips or recommendations I would be very thankful.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Mitochondria

Post by floramaria »

SherylT wrote:Hi I’m apoe4/e4 mthfr my mitochondria is not been working well at all. My fatigue has progressed that I’m in bed and it on sofa resting To walk or attempt to do anything is pretty impossible. This week each day was so bad to even sit in a chair would wipe me out. My arms and legs has so much pain I’m in Epsom salt bath multi times during day and thru night. I take rso indica or day one to help with pain. I want to sleep most of the time but during night I get so much pain that I woke up one night this week at 4 am next night 3 am. Next night 2 am which adds to my exhaustion. When I go to grocery I keep walking slower & slower as my energy level is used. It’s a struggle. My Dr this week I had an appointment but just using elevator to get to his office I exhausted all energy to get up there. He gave me a shot of NAD injection which was the first treatment wants to start me on patches. My other dr is starting the mito cocktail to help me. My seizures are back week ago I had
5 seizures one after another, I also get waves of feeling like going down a rollercoaster then my vision whites out then afterwards I’m confused memory doesn’t work. I’m trying to figure how to control the pain in my legs and arms, I have pain the shoots in my head, chest pains. Does anyone else have these problems with mitochondria dysfunction. I don’t want myself to get to that much fatigue exhaustion where I feel like I can’t sit or stand up. If any tips or recommendations I would be very thankful.
Hello, SherylT, I wish I had something of offer that might help you with the problems you are having, but can’t offer any tips or recommendations. Hopefully between the two doctors you are seeing, you will get relief from the terrible exhaustion you are experiencing. With the NAD injection and mito cocktail I hope you will begin to feel better. Can only offer you my support and say “hang in there”, and please let us know how you are progressing.
Sending very best wishes to you.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
SherylT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SherylT »

Thank you for all your support. Sometimes just putting it out there helps. I’m hoping there is someone who can has dealt with this that has any advice or guidance. I love this site to help us learn and to help each other. Thank you very much. Sheryl
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

In your other post, I already referred you to our wiki on Mitochondria which has lots of advice.

Additionally you may be interested in this Mitochondria Summit to be held April 5-11.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
nerdymel23
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nerdymel23 »

SherylT wrote:Hi I’m apoe4/e4 mthfr my mitochondria is not been working well at all. My fatigue has progressed that I’m in bed and it on sofa resting To walk or attempt to do anything is pretty impossible. This week each day was so bad to even sit in a chair would wipe me out. My arms and legs has so much pain I’m in Epsom salt bath multi times during day and thru night.
Sending you many virtual hugs SherylT. I have a long experience with pain and fatigue. TheresaB shared a fantastic link for the Mitochondria page in the Wiki. There is a lot of information there. If you scroll down you'll see some nutrition ideas and useful types of antioxidants. These are great ideas to discuss with your doctor. Your sleep is vital for recovery, don't forget to let your doctor know you are having difficulties sleeping.
ApoE3/4
Board Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach
Certified Wahls Protocol Health Coach
Certified ReCODE Health Coach
SherylT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SherylT »

Thank you for your tips. You don’t know what kind of mobile equipment I could use to help at stores and walks etc I tired out so quickly. But I can still walk but have to sit or lay frequently. Thank you so much and big hugs to you too. Sheryl