My rather surprising PreCODE report.

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
lumia
Contributor
Contributor

My rather surprising PreCODE report.

Post by lumia »

I just got back my PreCODE report yesterday, and I'm puzzled with a few things out of it.
  • Homocysteine continues to be high (8.2uM), despite having been taking the kind of B6/12/folate combination for about 5 years. A/G ratio is fine (2.1) though.
  • Very low A1c (4.7%), but my HOMA-IR is awful (3.99), even considering I've been using MCT since 2016 and has been fasting 12+ hours for that long, with the most recent 3 years at 16 hours+, and saw rather significant weight loss in the same period (30+ lbs).
What I'm more concerned about is the IR issue, Alz or not--there's a rather obvious T2D trait among the paternal line of my family, and I'm the few people among them who have been keeping the BMI within normal limits.

I would also want some insight into my blood lipids. My total chol:HDL ratio is fine, but LDL is a problem. My LDL is a bit high at 112 mg/dL, but the result of a separate NMR LipoProfile run I did last month look like this:

LDL-P: 1503nmol/L (Ref:<1000)
HDL-C: 63mg/dL (Ref: >39)
Triglycerides: 53mg/dL (Ref: 0-149)
Cholesterol, Total: 193mg/dL (Ref: 100-199)
HDL-P (Total): 33.0umol/L (Ref:>=30.5)
Small LDL-P: 566nmol/L (Ref:<=527)
LDL Size: 20.9nm (Ref: >20.5)

To be frank, even AHA's calculator doesn't think I need any medication, but I need to prevent my own PCP from issuing me statins...

Last but not least: in my case, would it be better if I get a blood ketone meter (like Ketomojo or Ketosens) or a breath one (I'm thinking Ketonix)?