Dr Karn Gupta, MPH

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
assintperu
New User
New User

Dr Karn Gupta, MPH

Postby assintperu » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:58 pm

Hola! Good evening to everyone from Lima, Peru :)

Finally we have a provider in South America as well. I found Dr Gupta on the IFM website and have already had the first consult with him for my mother's advanced cognitive decline. He has a very impressive resume and is from the Harvard School of Public Health (I think he has a clinic in the U.S. as well). He was very compassionate and took a lot of time explaining us the diet, supplements and tests. We had never heard of this thing called ApoE4 until last week - unfortunately awareness about this disease is still very poor in South America. If a doctor says "you have Alzheimer's" it's usually a death sentence. Dr Gupta is also helping my husband with his IBS. From what I can see so far, he is a very well-rounded Functional Medicine doctor. I'm going to recommend him highly to a lot of people!
Here's his website: https://www.dr-gupta.com/

addendum by slacker (moderator): Dr Gupta's website indicates that his primary practice is in Boston.

mike
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr Karn Gupta, MPH

Postby mike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm

assintperu wrote:Hola! Good evening to everyone from Lima, Peru :)

NF52 wrote:

assintperu, you seem to have been missed by the welcoming committee, so let me welcome you. I've quoted NF52, from the support team, and she will get an email. She will likely give you a welcome as well with lots of useful links to get started here.
Sonoma Mike
4/4

NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Dr Karn Gupta, MPH

Postby NF52 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:37 am

assintperu wrote:Hola! Good evening to everyone from Lima, Peru :)
mike wrote: assintperu, you seem to have been missed by the welcoming committee, so let me welcome you. I've quoted NF52, from the support team, and she will get an email. She will likely give you a welcome as well with lots of useful links to get started here.

Welcome to our friend in Peru!

I did see your post in September, and am sorry no one welcomed you! I added Dr. Gupta back then to our list of practitioners, ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners, since he also practices in Boston and New Delhi and is multi-lingual! I hope you continue to find his support helpful.

In case you're looking for more sources of support and information, here are some links to what Mike was suggesting:
The Wiki Table of Contents is a great source for lots of background information and deep dives into topics related to ApoE 4.

A new area, How-to tips for this site has lots of helpful hints and step-by-step directions for finding information, posting topics, following a topic and quoting others so they see you replied to them.

Finally, the Primer is by our own multi-lingual, far-away 4/4 Dr. Stavia, a woman with wise counsel and kind advice.

Best wishes for a wonderful summer in Peru!
4/4 and still an optimist!

Return to “Practitioner Reviews”