Regina Smith, DO / Mechanicsburg, PA

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
SuzanneG
New User
New User

Regina Smith, DO / Mechanicsburg, PA

Post by SuzanneG »

I am here to say that my husband and I are in the blessed position of having created a Bredesen dream team right here in the unlikely place of Central Pennsylvania. We were over the moon when Regina Smith, DO, a doctor I had recently started seeing, introduced us to the Bredesen Protocol and informed us that she was about to become a Bredesen certified practitioner. Could it get any better than that! My beloved husband had recently been diagnosed with MCI, expected because of his noticeable short term memory loss and the sad reality that his beautiful Norwegian mother had died of Alzheimer's Disease in her eighties. Yes, he has the APOE4 gene, and, yes, thanks to the Herculean efforts of our team, spearheaded by the brilliant, super-committed and generous Regina, he has bravely embraced almost every aspect of the protocol for the last four months. Although his situation is complicated by a high mold toxicity, which Regina uncovered, she is directing a mold removal protocol with the same dedication she has shown to testing and treating him according to the dictates of his Recode Report. I am quite sure we couldn't find a doctor anywhere more qualified and dedicated to helping my husband reverse this dreaded disease than Regina Smith. I should add that I was prompted to write this review by seeing a similarly laudatory piece here about Dr. Chris Turnpaugh. Regina works at the Turnpaugh Health and Wellness Center in Mechanicsburg, PA, And it was hearing Chris speak at a Lyme Disease Conference last year that prompted me to reach out to his clinic, where I found Regina. I highly recommend Chris, Regina and the entire Tunrpaugh team as the go-to Bredesen Protocol place in Pennsylvania! Great work, great people!
Last edited by SuzanneG on Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karengo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Regina Smith DO

Post by Karengo »

Hello SuzanneG: Welcome to the forum! Thank you for following the call you felt to write this review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and information with our community. I'm encouraged to hear about the high level of professional care you've received and the strong support you've been given along the way. Despite the challenges of your husband's diagnosis, your positive attitude and gratitude really shine through your post!

If you would like, please take a look at the Primer created by one of our founders, Stavia. It's filled with a lot of information. Also if you search in the Wiki (look to top of page and see vertical line of dots) you can use key words to find out more on the Bredesen protocol although it sounds like you're pretty familiar and practicing some of the protocols already. And if you would like to share more about yourselves, I invite you to post in the forum under the section called Our Stories Thank you for your contribution and for joining us here. As you will see there are many discussions happening on the site that are ongoing and you are welcome to contribute any time. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have as you'll find there are many knowledgeable people here including doctors as well as those who have the benefit of experience and are happy to share insights. Most of all, we are here to encourage and support each other any time!
~Karengo
~Karengo
ApoE4 Support Team
FMCA certified Health Coach
"For whatever we lose like a you or a me, it's always ourselves we find in the sea"
SuzanneG
New User
New User

Re: Dr. Regina Smith DO

Post by SuzanneG »

Hi, Karen, Thanks you so much for your warm welcome and heartfelt appreciation of my post about our experience with the Bredesen Protocol here in Central Pennsylvania. I would like to do another post about the amazing nutritionist who is also part of our Bredesen team. And once we are a little further into the protocol, I may, as you suggest, also post in the Our Stories section. I see you are an ApoE4 Intern and am curious what that is! With warm wishes to you, SuzanneG
Last edited by SuzanneG on Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Dr. Regina Smith DO, Mechanicsburg PA

Post by Julie G »

Great review, SuzanneG. VERY fortuitous for your husband. Thanks for taking the time to share. I suspect that this'll be very helpful to other members. I'm sending lots of good energy your way.
Xriva
New User
New User

Re: Regina Smith, DO / Mechanicsburg, PA

Post by Xriva »

Thank you review. I’m from NEPA and will make the trip down I-81.
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Xriva,

Welcome to the APOE4 community! Are you planning to visit Dr. Smith as well?

Since you are new to the website, I thought I would suggest reading the Primer, which contains lots of great information. Plus, the Wiki is an area where you can search for a particular subject.

And if and when you feel comfortable enough, I encourage you to share your story in the Our Stories forum.

I hope you find this a warm and welcoming place. :D
Sallywally
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sallywally »

SuzanneG, How have things gone since you wrote this in March 2018? Thanks.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

SuzanneG wrote:Hi, Karen, Thanks you so much for your warm welcome and heartfelt appreciation of my post about our experience with the Bredesen Protocol here in Central Pennsylvania. I would like to do another post about the amazing nutritionist who is also part of our Bredesen team. And once we are a little further into the protocol, I may, as you suggest, also post in the Our Stories section. I see you are an ApoE4 Intern and am curious what that is! With warm wishes to you, SuzanneG
Sallywally wrote:SuzanneG, How have things gone since you wrote this in March 2018? Thanks.
Sallywally, I've "quoted" SuzanneG's post from 2018 by using the single quotation mark in the upper right hand corner of each post. That, along with quoting you, sends each of you an email notification of a reply to your post, and is the easiest way to be sure that someone sees your reply.

You can also "subscribe" to any post you've made, so that you are notified of replies, whether with a quote or not, by clicking on the small wrench icon just under the topic title in the upper left, then selecting "subscribe topic." Isn't it a great brain exercise to be using software from a previous millennium?!
4/4 and still an optimist!