Mary Kay Ross, MD / Madison, GA

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
Sherpurvis
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mary Kay Ross MD --- Opening office in Madison, GA

Post by Sherpurvis »

Awesome, I’m out of Atlanta GA and have called for an appt.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mary Kay Ross MD --- Opening office in Madison, GA

Post by Jmac »

Sherpurvis wrote:Awesome, I’m out of Atlanta GA and have called for an appt.
Keep me posted on how it goes please. They are super people, talked with Kerry a number of times and she is patient, friendly and knowledgeable.
danderson1081
Contributor
Contributor

Mary Kay Ross MD --- Temporary office in Watkinsville, GA

Post by danderson1081 »

After seeing the announcement here that Dr. Ross was opening an office in Madison, GA (only 30 minutes from my home), I decided to look up the website given and give the office a call. What I learned is that she actually will be in my own town for several weeks in April. It sounds like her permanent office is in Seattle, WA, but she has a lot of patients in Georgia so she comes here periodically. It was crazy to learn that her office is just a couple of buildings up from my gym and 5 minutes from my home! The main reason I'm posting is for advice. I have an opportunity to go through a two-day assessment with Dr. Ross and several of her colleagues which I feel would be an awesome opportunity. Naturally, my husband isn't sure if it's something I need to spend the time and money doing (I'm not sure what insurance will cover). Although I'm healthy and only 52, I feel like it's a great opportunity to have a baseline assessment of where I'm at now along with expert advice on what I can do to put myself in as good a position as possible to avoid getting this dreadful disease (I'm E3/E4) and advise the 3 of my 4 children who we have recently learned also have the E4 variant (one is homozygous). What information can anyone here give me (perhaps that I could share with my husband) that can help me make the decision about taking advantage of this opportunity?
rat8the8rat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mary Kay Ross MD --- Temporary office in Watkinsville, GA

Post by rat8the8rat »

Can I ask how much she charges for the 2-day assessment. I think she is one of the best but there may be cheaper. Your insurance May cover some of the lab tests. For the dr appointment and lab tests it often depends on the ICD diagnosis code provided as to how much insurance pays. If it’s considered preventive and you have no symptoms or diagnosis that requires the test, some insurance will not pay. My insurance covers a full physical each year including EKG and tests. Also you might find out what bloodwork and tests she is going to have done. Oftentimes you can find websites online where you can get many of the same tests done much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danderson1081
Contributor
Contributor

Post by danderson1081 »

It sounds like the two-day assessment/consultation/training will be about $6,500. I think that will include coming into the house and testing for mold along with labs for establishing individual assessment/consultation/training.
rat8the8rat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rat8the8rat »

I would contact her office and ask for a breakdown of all test costs expected. I’m sure some of them are dependent upon whether or not after they do in a valuation it appears that the patient has a high risk of certain things. So I was Soum they would say they don’t know for sure what test will be ordered. I think surely they’ve had this question from other people as to whether or not they can get some of the testing done in a less expensive manner or through other channels or even through their regular doctor. But other test they may want done through the labs that they feel like are reputable and that they trust the results from. It does sound like a lot. I don’t know, I am sort of on the fence myself because I’m sort of in the same boat that you are with the family history and the aPOE4/APOE3 genotype but in my 50s and no symptoms. I’ve read Dr. Bredeson‘s book and feel sometimes like maybe I could do 80% or 90% on my own without paying for all the testing. And some of the tests recommended in his book I’ve had like the Homocysteine or the vitamin B levels or the C-reactive protein. But there are other tests like the mold and some for other parasites or bacterial or viral invaders that I don’t feel like I would know the proper testing to get done. I take my health pretty seriously and Alzheimer’s is one Disease I have an increased risk for as I get older. I do think she is one of the best ReCODE practitioners. I wish it was easier to see the pricing of others and be able to do more of a side-by-side comparison. Have you checked pricing with any other ReCODE-trained doctors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

One thing to consider. When I moved to Florida, I found a doctor who was trained in Bredesen's protocol, and had a large practice with MCI and Alzheimer's patients, with a few folks who wanted to do preventative work. I provided him a set of documents with my prior lab testing over the last several years. He reviewed them and then just supplemented additional testing based on made sense given my symptoms. It still was a bit expensive to start because his intake is a couple hours long, but at least I didn't have to repeat other recent tests. But no where near $6500. And he will likely order other tests as we go forward.

Could be you might be able to get Dr. Ross to do something similar, which would save some money and/or spread out the cost over time.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

danderson1081 wrote:After seeing the announcement here that Dr. Ross was opening an office in Madison, GA...What information can anyone here give me (perhaps that I could share with my husband) that can help me make the decision about taking advantage of this opportunity?
I have talked with Kerrie a number of times at length and talked with Dr. Ross's husband initially. I was looking into seeing her for my mom but for a number of reasons it isn't going to happen.

Kerrie sent me info, explained the process in its entirety. During the two day evaluation, you meet with a neuropsychologist, a brain health coach, a dietician, etc. They show you how to do the keto checking, exercises, and more. I didn't ask about whether they would just accept the blood tests already completed but I do know they ask for blood tests you have had done during the past year. I think I remember that they do genetic testing but my mom had not had it done so I didn't ask whether they would accept the raw data from other genetic testing.

I think if you called and asked, said you had questions, they would be more than happy to talk with you and answer any questions --- and give an explanation as to why they charged, etc.

When I asked about insurance they said I could file myself but couldn't give me any guarantees that insurance would cover much. They did say some people had success in getting some covered. (I have talked with a number of doctors re the Bredesen Protocol so it could be that I asked someone else, not them, but pretty sure it was Kerrie that I asked :-)).

I will say that I was impressed with how much info they gave and how much they were willing to talk one-on-one. I would love to have my mom do the program with them --- but the cost is very high. Seems like I remember an ongoing fee for monthly assistance but can't be sure about that, way too many conversations from docs rolling around in my head. Be sure to check.