Mary Kay Ross, MD / Madison, GA

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
4/4
New User
New User

Mary Kay Ross, MD / Madison, GA

Post by 4/4 »

I contacted Dr. Ross' office a year ago and started testing in October 2017. I watched her youtube video and was armed with Dale Bredesen's book, The end of Alzheimers. She has worked with Dr. Bredesen and appeared on recodereport videos with him answering questions. Dr. Ross is thorough in terms of testing. I was pre-screened by a nurse prior to my appointment over the phone. I completed labs before the office visit. My work insurance paid for the lab work and most of an MRI. I did have out of pocket costs for some more specialized labs such as MARCONS, and BEG antibiotics and Biociden LSF and Ermi tests. Office visits and Zoom calls are paid for by a credit card on file. I have improved markedly over the last few months. I would highly recommend Dr. Ross. I am grateful for her experience and guidance.

Note: Dr. Ross opened an office in Hollywood CA. I see her in Savannah, GA 912 352-1234.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Mary Kay Ross, MD / Savannah, GA

Post by floramaria »

4/4 wrote:I have improved markedly over the last few months. I would highly recommend Dr. Ross. I am grateful for her experience and guidance.
Congratulations, 4/4. Wonderful that you have seen marked improvement in a short time. Thanks for the recommendation.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

4/4 wrote: I completed labs before the office visit. My work insurance paid for the lab work and most of an MRI. I did have out of pocket costs for some more specialized labs such as MARCONS, and BEG antibiotics and Biociden LSF and Ermi tests. Note: Dr. Ross opened an office in Hollywood CA. I see her in Savannah, GA 912 352-1234.
She also now has an office in Madison, Georgia. Just found it yesterday while searching for help for my mother (they live about 20 minutes from there so it is perfect!). I am calling today. I would love to know more about the out of pocket costs if you're willing to share. I have read/heard that it can be anywhere from $3-6K for the specialized plan? Of course, none of those numbers were shared by people who actually did the plan...some were physicians knocking the plan. Guess I will find out more today.

If you're still on the plan, still on this forum I would also love an update on how you're doing ---- hope continued improvement and good news for you.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Jmac wrote:
She also now has an office in Madison, Georgia. Just found it yesterday while searching for help for my mother (they live about 20 minutes from there so it is perfect!). I am calling today. I would love to know more about the out of pocket costs if you're willing to share.
Sending best wishes to you and your mom. Please let us know how your call goes with Mary Kay Ross’s office.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

floramaria wrote:
Jmac wrote: Sending best wishes to you and your mom. Please let us know how your call goes with Mary Kay Ross’s office.
Thank you! First impression was excellent. I called the office number, a man answered, said "hello". I thought I had misdialed :-) Turns out the phone had been forwarded to Mary Kay's husband's phone (Steven or Stephen) as they were out in Seattle. We had a nice long talk about what was going on with Mom, a bit about me. I doodle as I talk and all I doodled were happy faces :-) SUCH a relief to talk with someone who asked the right questions, genuinely seemed to care, knew all the ins and outs of cognitive issues and was on board with the urgency and need to do something.

I am waiting on a call back from the Madison, GA office...will keep you, and everyone, posted.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Jmac wrote:First impression was excellent. ..
I am waiting on a call back from the Madison, GA office...will keep you, and everyone, posted.
Thanks for sharing the good news. Looking forward to your updates.
And again, sending thoughts and best wishes to you and your mom. She is so fortunate to have your help!
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

floramaria wrote:
Jmac wrote:Looking forward to your updates.
I posted elsewhere on the forum and forgot to come back over here and do the same! I talked with Karrie re the Madison office, what was expected re timeline, costs, etc. She stayed on the phone with me forever, answering questions, asking questions, explaining every detail. Then followed up with emailed info. And answered my further questions.

They have an outstanding sounding program. Two days of person-to-person assessment and development of program, ongoing support, testing prior to coming into the office, health coaches, nutritionists, and everything anyone could want.

For us it boiled down to two factors --- they aren't sure when they will be opening the Madison office (although it's online already and they are doing some remote support, etc.) and cost.

In the scheme of things, the costs are reasonable for what is offered and WAY less than the cost of long-term care of any sort. However, it's simply out of our price range. If they were open now we'd probably figure out a way to make it happen. As said, pricing is not outrageous given the doctors involved, time, etc.

I brought mom down to my local doctor who is amazing. She is not Bredesen trained but is willing to help us follow the Protocol. It was helpful that her normal recommendations dovetailed with his. We have canceled the neurologist appointment for now, ditto for the neuropsychologist and we're waiting to see the results of the testing. We're not after a label or drugs from neurologists, we want whatever results are possible. They took 21 vials of blood from mom, testing her for everything known to mimic or potentially cause cognitive issues.

Getting ready to see if the results are back...
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Jmac wrote:[
In the scheme of things, the costs are reasonable for what is offered and WAY less than the cost of long-term care of any sort. However, it's simply out of our price range. If they were open now we'd probably figure out a way to make it happen. As said, pricing is not outrageous given the doctors involved, time, etc.

I brought mom down to my local doctor who is amazing. She is not Bredesen trained but is willing to help us follow the Protocol. It was helpful that her normal recommendations dovetailed with his. We have canceled the neurologist appointment for now, ditto for the neuropsychologist and we're waiting to see the results of the testing. We're not after a label or drugs from neurologists, we want whatever results are possible. They took 21 vials of blood from mom, testing her for everything known to mimic or potentially cause cognitive issues.

Getting ready to see if the results are back...
Thanks for posting this update, Jmac. I am happy to hear that your experience with the staff working with Mary Kay Ross was so positive. That is good to know and will probably be helpful for people who have access to an office of theirs that is open, unlike the Madison office near you.
The workaround you have sounds excellent. Having an amazing local doctor who is willing to order all of the tests and to help you follow they Bredesen Protocol is a tremendous asset. With 21 vials of blood, you’ll be getting a lot of actionable information!
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

I had a message from Kerrie with Mary Kay Ross' office --- they are moving ahead fast on the Madison, Georgia office. They are giving a certain number 20% off the program during their opening and are trying to gauge the level of interest. I'm going to post a separate link so those who haven't looked at this will know...
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Mary Kay Ross MD --- Opening office in Madison, GA

Post by Jmac »

The wonderful Mary Kay Ross is opening a new office in Madison, Georgia (north Georgia area). They are offering a set number of people a discount as it is a new office. I talked with them twice at length and I was impressed with all they had to offer, their program and the caring people. They are trying to gauge the level of interest and determine when they need to move ahead (within the next two months). Although this is not a route I'll be able to take I certainly wish I could! I'll let you go out and look her up, read more ---- if you are wanting to do the Bredesen Protocol definitely look into Mary Kay Ross. Worth driving from out-of-state!

Here's a link to get you started: https://instituteforpersonalizedmedicine.com/

Also --- do a search here on the forum. She has an office in Savannah and there's a thread ongoing about that office and her practice.