Karn Gupta, MD/ dr-gupta.com

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
assintperu
Contributor
Contributor

Karn Gupta, MD/ dr-gupta.com

Post by assintperu »

I found Dr Gupta on the IFM website and have already had the first consult with him for my mother's advanced cognitive decline. He has a very impressive resume and is from the Harvard School of Public Health (I think he has a clinic in the U.S. as well). He was very compassionate and took a lot of time explaining us the diet, supplements and tests. We had never heard of this thing called ApoE4 until last week - unfortunately awareness about this disease is still very poor in South America. If a doctor says "you have Alzheimer's" it's usually a death sentence. Dr Gupta is also helping my husband with his IBS. From what I can see so far, he is a very well-rounded Functional Medicine doctor. I'm going to recommend him highly to a lot of people!
Here's his website: https://www.dr-gupta.com/

addendum by slacker (moderator): Dr Gupta's website indicates that his primary practice is in Boston.
Last edited by assintperu on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dr Karn Gupta, MPH

Post by mike »

assintperu wrote:Hola! Good evening to everyone from Lima, Peru :)
NF52 wrote:
assintperu, you seem to have been missed by the welcoming committee, so let me welcome you. I've quoted NF52, from the support team, and she will get an email. She will likely give you a welcome as well with lots of useful links to get started here.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

mike wrote: assintperu, you seem to have been missed by the welcoming committee, so let me welcome you. I've quoted NF52, from the support team, and she will get an email. She will likely give you a welcome as well with lots of useful links to get started here.
Welcome to our friend in Peru!

I did see your post in September, and am sorry no one welcomed you! I added Dr. Gupta back then to our list of practitioners, ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners, since he also practices in Boston and New Delhi and is multi-lingual! I hope you continue to find his support helpful.

In case you're looking for more sources of support and information, here are some links to what Mike was suggesting:
The Wiki Table of Contents is a great source for lots of background information and deep dives into topics related to ApoE 4.

A new area, How-to tips for this site has lots of helpful hints and step-by-step directions for finding information, posting topics, following a topic and quoting others so they see you replied to them.

Finally, the Primer is by our own multi-lingual, far-away 4/4 Dr. Stavia, a woman with wise counsel and kind advice.

Best wishes for a wonderful summer in Peru!
4/4 and still an optimist!
jorge.quispe
New User
New User

Post by jorge.quispe »

Finally we have a provider in South America as well. I found Dr Gupta on the IFM website and have already had the first consult with him for my mother's advanced cognitive decline. He has a very impressive resume and is from the Harvard School of Public Health (I think he has a clinic in the U.S. as well). He was very compassionate and took a lot of time explaining us the diet, supplements and tests. We had never heard of this thing called ApoE4 until last week - unfortunately awareness about this disease is still very poor in South America. If a doctor says "you have Alzheimer's" it's usually a death sentence. Dr Gupta is also helping my husband with his IBS. From what I can see so far, he is a very well-rounded Functional Medicine doctor. I'm going to recommend him highly to a lot of people!
Here's his website: https://www.dr-gupta.com/

addendum by slacker (moderator): Dr Gupta's website indicates that his primary practice is in Boston.
Hola, quería consultar qué tal te fue con el Dr Gupta ¿Han tenido progresos? ¿Cómo está tu mami?
assintperu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by assintperu »

Sí, ella está mucho mejor después de 6 meses. El protocolo requiere disciplina e inversión. Mi error fue que intenté hacerlo yo mismo y estaba usando suplementos baratos de Amazon. Se necesita un enfoque profesional.
Last edited by assintperu on Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

jorge.quispe wrote: Hola, quería consultar qué tal te fue con el Dr Gupta ¿Han tenido progresos? ¿Cómo está tu mami?
Hola, jorge.quispe, y bienvenidos a nuestra communidad.
Aqui ofrecemos informacion y tambien apoyo y esperanza a todos nuestros parciantes.
Si no ya ha visto nuestro Primer es un buen lugar para empezar.
Presenta una introduccion completo a los riesgos que pertenecen a ApoE4, y tambien un discurso sobre los factores que que pueden bajar esos riesgos.

Tambien hay una funcion de SEARCH, con acceso por la lupa, a la izquierda de su nombre. Puede usarlo para buscar informacion sobre caulquier tema.

Si tenga mas preguntas, por favor, escriba los aqui. (Y Ojala que alguien que hable mejor el castellano pueda contestarle!)

Nuestra communidad crece y fortalece con la participacion de cada persona. Estamos feliz que ha llegado aqui.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
andresalva
Contributor
Contributor

Post by andresalva »

Hola todos. Les escribo desde Colombia.

La otra semana iniciaremos el tratamiento con el Dr. Gupta, para mi tía. Muchas expectativas y esperanza de que pueda tener mejoría de su enfermedad. Agradezco los comentarios y sugerencias de la evolución que han tenido bajo el tratamiento del Dr. Gupta.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Google translate of andresalva's post:

Hello everyone. I am writing from Colombia.

The other week we will begin the treatment with Dr. Gupta, for my aunt. Many expectations and hope that you can get better from your illness. I appreciate the comments and suggestions of the evolution that you have had under Dr. Gupta's treatment.
Slacker
E4/E4
assintperu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by assintperu »

Hola. Quiero contarte mi historia. Mi madre ha estado sufriendo esta enfermedad desde hace varios años y los médicos nos dijeron que era un callejón sin salida. Sin embargo, encontré el libro del Dr. Bredesen y decidí probar el protocolo por mi cuenta. Compré suplementos de Amazon e hice la dieta estrictamente por un año. Desafortunadamente, no funcionó y me desanimé bastante.

El año pasado una amiga me refirió al Dr. Gupta. Decidí que "cutting corners" no iba a funcionar, así que seguí su plan Advanced. Mi madre ahora está mucho mejor, su puntuación de MoCA ha mejorado de 10 a 18 en aproximadamente 6 meses. Ella sigue mejorando y estoy muy agradecida de haber elegido este camino. Qué plan elegiste, andresalva? Mi experiencia es que la calidad de los suplementos importa mucho.
andresalva
Contributor
Contributor

Post by andresalva »

assintperu wrote:Hola. Quiero contarte mi historia. Mi madre ha estado sufriendo esta enfermedad desde hace varios años y los médicos nos dijeron que era un callejón sin salida. Sin embargo, encontré el libro del Dr. Bredesen y decidí probar el protocolo por mi cuenta. Compré suplementos de Amazon e hice la dieta estrictamente por un año. Desafortunadamente, no funcionó y me desanimé bastante.

El año pasado una amiga me refirió al Dr. Gupta. Decidí que "cutting corners" no iba a funcionar, así que seguí su plan Advanced. Mi madre ahora está mucho mejor, su puntuación de MoCA ha mejorado de 10 a 18 en aproximadamente 6 meses. Ella sigue mejorando y estoy muy agradecida de haber elegido este camino. Qué plan elegiste, andresalva? Mi experiencia es que la calidad de los suplementos importa mucho.
Hola Assintperu. Muchas gracias por compartir tu experiencia. Realmente tenemos mucha esperanza y expectativas de que veamos mejoras con la enfermedad de mi tía. Ya tenemos los exámenes listos y seguramente tendremos la próxima semana la primera cita. Quisimos iniciar con el plan básico para darnos una idea del protocolo, pero entiendo que el tema de los suplementos es vital. Entonces seguramente, en función de las recomendaciones migremos hacia el plan con los suplementos. Les estaré contando como evoluciona mi tía.