Stephanie Grossman, MD / Atlanta, GA

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
ElizabethP
Contributor
Contributor

Stephanie Grossman, MD / Atlanta, GA

Post by ElizabethP »

Dr Grossman impressed me on our first meeting - and I am hard to impress.
She listened and asked insightful questions. She talked to me about looking at my genetic results which is when I learned about APOE -4.

She is Bresden Protocal trained. Previously she was at Emory Univ for 15 years.

I was seeing her about autoimmune issues and she is willing to look at the symptoms and issues and not be limited by what test scores say. I will say the labs she ordered were more extensive than any I had before. Lotsa tubes for the lab techs.

I look forward to our next meeting and to learn the results.

She is out of network - and as such can do what needs to be done and not be hamstrung by insurance companies guidelines. If she figures this out - and I have complete expectation she will succeed where 5 other doctors have failed - will be worth every penny.

I don't recommend Drs easily - but I strongly recommend her if you have issues that are stumping drs - a general malaise where you know something is wrong but everyone keeps coming back with your blood work looks fine, - or a complicated chronic issue.

I drove over an 1 hour to see her - and worth the trip.

centrespringmd.com
garrettgb
New User
New User

Re: Stephanie Grossman. CentreSpring MD, Atlanta GA

Post by garrettgb »

I am in the Gainsville area. Would you mind sharing an approximate of what her costs have been to date and additional expenses you anticipate? I’m trying to see if visiting her is doable. Thanks!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

garrettgb wrote:I am in the Gainsville area. Would you mind sharing an approximate of what her costs have been to date and additional expenses you anticipate? I’m trying to see if visiting her is doable. Thanks!
HI garrettgb, and welcome to the ApoE4.Info community!
While you are awaiting info on the practitioner, I’d like to point out a few of the resources available here, in case you haven’t found them already. A great place to begin exploring the site is with the Primer, written by a physician member. Comprehensive overview of ApoE4 allele. Our Wiki gives you the opportunity to go deeper on individual topics, and also contains a section,
How-To Get the Most out of the ApoE4.info website, which will give you information on subscribing to threads, quoting when responding to another member so they are notified of your response, and other helpful ways to navigate the site. The Search function, which you can access by clicking the magnifying glass to the left of your user name will let you bring up all previous posts on any subject you search.

When you feel like it, we’d love to hear more about you and what brings you here. A good place to introduce yourself is in Our Stories.
We all benefit from learning from each other, sharing our personal experience as well as up to date information. Again, a warm welcome, and I hope we’ll hear more from you!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
ElizabethP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ElizabethP »

HI Garrett,

CentreSprings works with your insurance. Many of my labwork has been covered, so I am not sure what your costs will be. They are very upfront about the costs and you can decline any work you choose. The service has a membership program that includes a certain number of doctor visits, email access to doctor and staff, and use of other facilities at a free or discounted rate like acupuncture or massage or dietitian, discounted supplements, etc . The membership is $250 a month which I found great as wellstar was charging me over $2oo per dr visit with no extras. Took me a long time to get in the first time, but have been able to work me in promptly after that. I think after the first appt you can also do video consultations to avoid the drive in. They are happy to send you the forms so you can go get any labs drawn from whatever Lab is convenient to you.

After insurance - my first set of labwork - which was extensive - cost me $180 out of pocket. My next will cost less cause we are able to focus down on what needs to be monitored.

CentreSprings has several offices so check and see which one is closest to you.

Good Luck,

ElizabethP
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

Timely! Thanks for posting. I was looking for someone in the Atlanta area. I just took a look at the stie, looks like lots of good docs. I did find it funny that the one GYN on staff happens to be the lone male doc :-)
dmaurice
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dmaurice »

Thank you so much for sharing! I have been looking for a Bredesen protocol trained doctor in Atlanta and haven't had any luck. I am new to the site and only found out my APOE 4/4 status recently. I am 44 with no symptoms at this time but lost my father to Alzheimers and once learning my 4/4 status I feel i need to make a change immediately. Do you know if she works with patients in the preventative stages?
PJD@4411
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PJD@4411 »

dmaurice wrote:Thank you so much for sharing! I have been looking for a Bredesen protocol trained doctor in Atlanta and haven't had any luck. I am new to the site and only found out my APOE 4/4 status recently. I am 44 with no symptoms at this time but lost my father to Alzheimers and once learning my 4/4 status I feel i need to make a change immediately. Do you know if she works with patients in the preventative stages?
Welcome to the site! It looks like you have had some conversations regarding finding a practitioner in your area. Your recent discovery regarding your genetic results (ApoE4 4/4) along with your family history may be concerning but the good news is you are young ,asymptomatic, and you can adopt nutritional habits and lifestyle behaviors to ward off disease. There is a ton of information on this site and a great place to start is by reviewing the Primer. You can also find out about the Bredesen Protocol and additional information by looking in the Wiki area found on top of this page. My mom was diagnosed with AD many years ago and is no longer with us. I share your concerns!
Think Positive Be Positive
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Welcome dmaurice;

Many of the young asymptomatic people who find this website decide to start with lifestyle changes first - nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress management. It can be daunting to implement a lot of changes at once; start slow! The Primer that PJ mentioned is a good place to get solid information on these topics. Dr Bredesen's approach is a more complicated multifaceted approach. You might want to read his book to see if his protocol resonates with you prior to seeing a provider who uses his methods.
Slacker
E4/E4