Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
User avatar
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
Location: Northern New Mexico

Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby floramaria » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:32 pm

Qigong is an internal energy practice combining gentle movement and breath that is a foundation of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The Eight Pieces of Brocades (Ba Duan Jin) is one of the oldest sets of Qigong exercises. The eight simple movements of the set are designed to nourish and balance the internal organs and promote smooth flow of energy through the body. As we move, focusing our attention on internal sensations, we also activate our parasympathetic nervous systems. The experience is relaxing and meditative.
We will begin with a gentle warm up, then move into Ba Duan Jin exercises and conclude with gentle self-massage.
The movements will be very simple and easy to follow.

Hope you can make it!

Meet Ups is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Qigong : Eight Pieces of Brocade (Ba Duan Jin)
Time: Feb 28, 2021 01:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83148299304?p ... ZXS0x3Zz09

Meeting ID: 831 4829 9304
Passcode: 292097
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,83148299304# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,83148299304# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 831 4829 9304
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/krXjOHQdG
Last edited by floramaria on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner

User avatar
TheresaB
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:46 am
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby TheresaB » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:21 am

Count me in!!
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4

User avatar
JML
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 3:40 pm
Location: Chicago area

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby JML » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:50 am

floramaria wrote:Hope you can make it!
I plan to be there!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE/Bredesen Protocol-Trained Coach

BeKindToYourMind
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby BeKindToYourMind » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:33 pm

I’m interested in joining as well. I noticed that the subject line says Feb. 28, but the meeting info in the body of the message says Feb. 27. Will you confirm the date that this will occur? Thanks!


floramaria wrote:Qigong is an internal energy practice combining gentle movement and breath that is a foundation of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The Eight Pieces of Brocades (Ba Duan Jin) is one of the oldest sets of Qigong exercises. The eight simple movements of the set are designed to nourish and balance the internal organs and promote smooth flow of energy through the body. As we move, focusing our attention on internal sensations, we also activate our parasympathetic nervous systems. The experience is relaxing and meditative.
We will begin with a gentle warm up, then move into Ba Duan Jin exercises and conclude with gentle self-massage.
The movements will be very simple and easy to follow.

Hope you can make it!

Topic: Qigong : Eight Pieces of Brocade (Ba Duan Jin)
Time: Feb 27, 2021 01:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83148299304?p ... ZXS0x3Zz09

Meeting ID: 831 4829 9304
Passcode: 292097

User avatar
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
Location: Northern New Mexico

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby floramaria » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:30 pm

BeKindToYourMind wrote:I’m interested in joining as well. I noticed that the subject line says Feb. 28, but the meeting info in the body of the message says Feb. 27. Will you confirm the date that this will occur? Thanks!


floramaria wrote:Qigong is an internal energy practice combining gentle movement and breath that is a foundation of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The Eight Pieces of Brocades (Ba Duan Jin) is one of the oldest sets of Qigong exercises. The eight simple movements of the set are designed to nourish and balance the internal organs and promote smooth flow of energy through the body. As we move, focusing our attention on internal sensations, we also activate our parasympathetic nervous systems. The experience is relaxing and meditative.
We will begin with a gentle warm up, then move into Ba Duan Jin exercises and conclude with gentle self-massage.
The movements will be very simple and easy to follow.

Hope you can make it!

Topic: Qigong : Eight Pieces of Brocade (Ba Duan Jin)
Time: Feb 27, 2021 01:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83148299304?p ... ZXS0x3Zz09

Meeting ID: 831 4829 9304
Passcode: 292097



OH MY!! thanks for pointing that out! My intention was to meet on Saturday the 27th as per Zoom link but since the headline is for Feb 28th I think I had better stick with that.
Will change the Zoom invite post later today.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner

Tincup
Mod
Mod
Posts: 2933
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby Tincup » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:03 pm

I'd love to, but have my first COVID vaccine scheduled at this time...
{edit}
I can do the 28th & will be there.
Tincup
E3,E4

User avatar
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
Location: Northern New Mexico

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby floramaria » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:41 am

Confirming: We are on for Sunday Feb 28th, 1 PM Mountain Time. Thanks, BeKindToYourMind, for pointing out the mistaken Zoom link. The invite has been edited.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner

User avatar
TheresaB
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:46 am
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby TheresaB » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:38 am

Looking forward to today! FYI, I had oral surgery on Friday, so I may modify or just watch with some movements. But I'll still be there!
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4

User avatar
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
Location: Northern New Mexico

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby floramaria » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:19 am

TheresaB wrote:Looking forward to today! FYI, I had oral surgery on Friday, so I may modify or just watch with some movements. But I'll still be there!

Hi Theresa, from my own experience last time I had oral surgery, my guess is that the warms ups and the ending massage will be fine, and some of the Eight Brocades. Any that involve getting your head lower than your waist should be avoided. Part of the beauty of qigong is that whatever you don’t do with your body, you you fill in with intention. “The mind leads the qi” is a basic tenet of qigong. On the brocade of Two Hands Climb the Legs, you will think of your hands running all the way down the back of your legs, and up the inside. So just do what you’re comfortable doing physically, knowing you get the full benefit by engaging your mind and your intention.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner

User avatar
TheresaB
Mod
Mod
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:46 am
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: Qigong Meet-Up February 28. 1 PM Mountain Time

Postby TheresaB » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:08 pm

That was SOOO GOOD! Thank you Flora!!
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4


Return to “Meet-Ups”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests