Anyone interested in a Qigong Meet-Up?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Anyone interested in a Qigong Meet-Up?

Post by CoachDD »

I can be flexible with my schedule as long as I know ahead of time. Looking forward to this and "meeting" you!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

floramaria wrote: What would work best for you, Coach DD? Time frame was a few minutes at the beginning for introductions, (or if need be, to resolve tech problems) 50 min or so of Qigong, then time for anyone who feels like providing feedback, talking about the experience, or just visiting.
I can be flexible with scheduling, as long as I know in advance. I hope to "see" you soon!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
ElizabethP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ElizabethP »

Is this still ongoing? How can I be involved?

I need to exercise more ( who doesn't) and I need to do breath meditation. This sounds perfect.
I have fatigue issues but I think I might be up to doing this.
I did Tai Chi before and really grounded and loved it.

Thanks,
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

floramaria wrote:Maybe this Meet-Up Forum will provide the means to do what I have been Thinking about for as long as I’ve been on the site: getting together with some of you (virtually) to do Qigong. I am a Certified Qigong Instructor... I have thought for some time about how much I’d like to meet some of this community and do Qigong together, since I have found it so beneficial myself. My interest is not so much in leading as in sharing the experience, even virtually.
For those who aren’t familiar with it, Qigong is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and refers to energy cultivation. Tai Chi (which is better known) is the martial arts application of Qigong. Sometime the same movements are used, but with different intent. Qigong is inwardly focused and helps develop the mind-body connection. It can be done with one movement repeated many times and can be thought of as moving meditation. There is no need to memorize a “form” which is a long sequence of tai chi movements. Not that I have anything against Tai Chi! Not at all! I know several long Tai Chi forms and practice everyday, but tend to do them with Qigong intent, very slowly smoothly Steadily, thinking about energy flow rather than about “my opponent”, that imaginary foe one fights in a martial arts form.
For people who struggle to meditate, Qigong can offer an interesting alternative; the slow steady movements, can be calming to mind and body, and give the mind something to focus on that is a break from the rest of the day. Practicing with other people is important Since doing Qigong in a group develops an energy field among the participants. Not sure how that would work online. But who knows? At least it would be fun, and relaxing and we’d be together, reducing stress.
ElizabethP wrote:Is this still ongoing? How can I be involved?

I need to exercise more ( who doesn't) and I need to do breath meditation. This sounds perfect.

Thanks,
Welcome, ElizabethP! I've used out quotation feature (explained in our "How-to" section) so that Floramaria is notified of your interest in Qigong, and others can see what she offered back in September 2018. Our Meet-Ups are a fairly recent innovation, so we welcome a new member who encourages others to try "meeting" this way.

We hope you will explore other parts of the forum, including the Primer and the Wiki. If you are new to the topic of ApoE4, we also recommend the topics on our Welcome page.

Hope you find news ways to enjoy this community and new energy in your journey of health.
4/4 and still an optimist!
SamNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SamNZ »

Thanks,
Welcome ElizabethP, I love discussing things like Yoga and Qigong with my clients, I love the fact that they are such good value for money, what with strength, breathing, flexibility, mindfulness and meditation all playing a really good part, 5 for the price of 1!!!!As mentioned earlier, please feel free to have a look around our little community, and we would love for you to post a little more about yourself in the Our Stories part of the site. Happy exercising SamNZ
Samantha McBride
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Thanks,
Hi ElizabethP! Welcome to the ApoE4 community. We only had one Qigong MeetUp but if you are interested, we could try to set up another.
I do Tai Chi and Qigong everyday, and enjoy sharing the benefits with others.

In two days I head off to a family wedding, but maybe we can plan something for June.
It would be fun to do Qigong together.
What is your schedule like?
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Daymoo »

floramaria wrote:

Thanks,
Hi ElizabethP! Welcome to the ApoE4 community. We only had one Qigong MeetUp but if you are interested, we could try to set up another.
I do Tai Chi and Qigong everyday, and enjoy sharing the benefits with others.

In two days I head off to a family wedding, but maybe we can plan something for June.
It would be fun to do Qigong together.
What is your schedule like?
I am also interested. I can do it anytime after 11 am PST on Wednesdays Saturdays or Sundays.
Existence/is neither/a right nor//privilege/nor any//thing but
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

floramaria wrote:I do Tai Chi and Qigong everyday, and enjoy sharing the benefits with others.

I would be interested in a Qigong meet-up when you get back too!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Daymoo wrote: I am also interested. I can do it anytime after 11 am PST on Wednesdays Saturdays or Sundays.
Hi Daymoo,

Your post encourages me to set up another Qigong MeetUp
Thanks for writing, and for including when you would be available.
Once I am back home I will look into setting one up.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

JML wrote:
floramaria wrote:I do Tai Chi and Qigong everyday, and enjoy sharing the benefits with others.

I would be interested in a Qigong meet-up when you get back too!
Great, JML! Please post days and times that would be best for you.