Anyone interested in a Qigong Meet-Up?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Anyone interested in a Qigong Meet-Up?

Post by floramaria »

gmpicket wrote:I'm interested. The mediation center that I go to had two Qigong sessions, but I had to miss both. I think I can handle video conferencing.
Great. I am waiting to hear back from Julie on what the next step is.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

buck3Maureen wrote:Hi Floramarie,

I am interested. I am taking a tai chi class and have started doing the Qigong class that is offered. I find both very relaxing.
Maureen
Hi Maureen, It would be GREAT to see you again, even virtually. We sat next to each other at dinner at live SoCal ApoE4.Info meet up until I peeled off to go eat at Whole Foods.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Does anyone who has expressed interest in this Meet Up have a suggestion about time? I am thinking that if I hear back from Julie and can navigate the steps to setting this up, it might be as early as this weekend. Are weekends ok for you? I am in Mountain time Zone. My schedule flexible.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Hi again -

I can be flexible as well and weekends are okay, although that may be a bit tougher with the kiddos. I am on the east coast. I may be able to assist with a video conference set up - just let me know or PM me directly and we'll discuss options. Looking forward to this!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Floramaria, please set a date and time with number of participants and we’ll take it from there.

Thanks, Coach DD! This is an ApoE4 initiative. We’re happy to do the hosting.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Thanks for pioneering this wagon train across the wilderness! (Santa Fe theme...)
Slacker
E4/E4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote:Floramaria, please set a date and time with number of participants and we’ll take it from there.
Hi Julie, Does it have to be a set number? Or can I over-estimate/optimistic guesstimate? I was thinking it could be like a "Qigong Flash Mob" :lol: :lol:

well maybe not quite...

But could it work if I just post the time and open invitation, and whoever shows up shows up? Or maybe post day and time and say "20 slots available" . Or 15? Is there a reason why the number of participants has to be pre-selected? If so , maybe I will arbitrarily say 12 .
Is it because everyone will be in his or her own Brady Bunch window and you need to know how many windows?

And let me run this by you, too. Very eager for any suggestions or "preedback" (feedback before event)
I was thinking of setting it up so that there is time for social interaction pre- and post qigong. People could hi and who they are, maybe 10 minutes before, and then a little time after for chatting. Do you think that is a good idea ?
and 45 minutes of qigong?
Is it okay if I post Invitation saying something to the effect of "come and join for all or some of it. You don't have to stay for the whole thing. Join at any point during the Meet-Up. It will be very simple, good for any fitness level, and you can jump in or out at any point. "
I would like to be as inclusive as possible so that someone who is curious might pop in.
Thanks for your guidance. (I am just thinking this through as I type this)

Schedule would be something like this :

Join for any or all:
9:50 Saying hello...introducing ourselves
10:00-10:45 Qigong
10:45 Saying goodbye to each other
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Flora! We're switching from our current Appear.In videoconference service (limit of 12 participants) to Zoom (limit of 100 participants.) I was simply trying to coordinate dates and number of participants to see if the old service could accommodate your plan or if we needed to make the switch sooner. Ultimately, we won't need a headcount. In the very short term, it may be helpful.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

If it makes it easier as we roll out Meet=Ups, we could use Appear.in this time and i would say because of the platform we will be limited to 12 total. that would probably be fine. Especially since I am hoping to meet this
Saturday. No need to add any unnecessary difficulty. shall we stay with Appear.In and 12 fornow or go with ________ and 15/18? I doubt that many will show up.
Probably would be fine with even 6 or 8. If we are on Appear.In and more people try to join than will fit, does that cause a problem? Like the website crashes or something? If it doesn’t I could say in the Invite :
“There will only be room for 12 total, including me. If you don’t get in , please send me a PM or post on the Qigong Meet-Up Thread and we will reserve a larger space next time. “.
this was very short notice on my part, and will be short notice to potential participants. I am happy to go with whatever makes it easiest. You choose. really, it does not matter to me, and I will plan to do it again, even if only one person shows up. Or no one. I do Qigong everyday anyway and appreciate the opportunity to do it with ApoE4 community members.

Let’s go with the time I laid out on previous post:
9:50 -11;00. Saturday August 4
if that is not too short notice for you.
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Of course I remember meeting you!! I am not doing all of this diet exercise fasting mediation etc for nothing!!

I would love to see you again in this class but the Sat morning time does not work for me. Bummer.

m