Online meetup: prevention program tuneup

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Online meetup: prevention program tuneup

Post by Fiver »

Good morning everyone. I've been curious about the online meetups, and interested in "meeting" some of you.

Is anyone interested in talking about the details of our various prevention programs, and the science behind them?

I'm thinking about folks who have been at it for a while and have some experience with "living" their programs. Most of us start with something like a Bredesen or Gundy program and improve on them, adapting them to our needs and the latest science. I suppose we could call this our mid-life "prevention lifestyles".

For my part I'd be interested to know:

what aspects of the programs have you found most helpful?
how strictly do you follow your program?
how do you measure your progress?
how do you feel on your program, and does that matter?
have you added any supplements or activities that aren't traditional components of the programs?

I'd be willing to get the online meetup set up and check in with the group to list and organize topics we want to cover, then write up a general summary for the site (no names, just a summary in case we want to continue the conversation on the forum).

One of the most helpful aspects of the forums for me has been learning from other's experiences. But the details of people's stories tend to be spread organically across multiple threads. It would be interesting to hear summaries of what experienced people are doing now.

Any interest?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Online meetup: prevention program tuneup

Post by Julie G »

Hey Fiver! Great topics for discussion. I'm in :D.
Grace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grace »

This sounds awesome. I would be interested.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

I am also interested.
\
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Me too. :)
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Princess Admiral
New User
New User

Post by Princess Admiral »

I'm interested, but I'm a newbie, only having started THE diet 6 weeks ago. Would love to learn from others farther along their journeys.
GLS18
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GLS18 »

spacejunk8@gmail.com wrote:I'm interested, but I'm a newbie, only having started THE diet 6 weeks ago. Would love to learn from others farther along their journeys.
Hi SpaceJunk8 & a hearty welcome to our community!

Within this supportive and collaborative group, we all learn from each other, whether a "newbie" or seasoned member. You have a fabulous idea emerging of joining members at all levels to explore the concept mentioned in this thread. Perhaps another meet-up group in the works:)

While you may have already come across several of the outstanding resources this site offers, I will highlight a couple that I hope prove to be inspiring and empowering. For a comprehensive overview of the science behind ApoE4 infused with overall health and wellness prevention strategies, the Primer, is beautifully complied by physician and member Stavia. For a brilliant resource on how to effectively navigate the site, How To Get The Most From The ApoE4.Info Website will be your new best friend.

If you would like to share what led you here, please tell us about your journey via Our Stories.

A friendly note that if you decide to change your userid, it is a simple process. All you need to do is email tech-team@apoe4.info with the updated userid.

Looking forward to your contributions, insights and perhaps a new meet-up group!!
Gina
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches Certification Candidate, Fall 2018
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi