Anybody interested in a lipid chat with Dave Feldman?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
spaceorganizing
New User
New User

Re: Anybody interested in a lipid chat with Dave Feldman?

Post by spaceorganizing »

Hi
I am very interested and can attend either date.
Ana
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Chameleon »

Hi spaceorganizing!

Welcome to the APOE4 community! Glad you have joined us. Fortunately, you joined in time to find out about the talk.

I am not sure if you have had a chance, but there is a Primer that contains a ton of information. And I just want to point out you can search the site using the magnifying glass at the top right of the page.

Many members also tell their story in the Our Stories forum so please feel free to share more of your background with us.
I hope this site is helpful in attaining more information and support.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Julie G!

Thanks for arranging this and I wish that I could attend. Will the Zoom meeting be recorded and available to members not able to attend?

Thanks again!
Yes! We've decided to make this a formal webinar, which will be recorded. We'll provide access following the event. You can find registration information here.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

srbogert wrote:
amywadsworth wrote:i am in for dec 12th how do we connect
Hello Amy, and welcome to the group! I see that Julie has posted the times and link above: Wednesday, December 12th, 1PM PT, 2PM MT, 3PM CT, 4PM ET. You can register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/741544 ... n31ueYH2_g

As a new member, we like to recommend that you check out a couple of resources on the site. First is the Primer. It was written by site contributor Stavia, who is also a Physician and APOE 4/4. Her primer is a great starting place for people who are trying to learn about this topic. It provides a common background for us all to use in the discussions. The other site resource for you is the How To Guide. It will help you navigate the site, do efficient searches, and help you with the posting tools. Please enjoy the group, and feel free to participate in the discussions. The site works best when we all participate.
I am concerned about the information in your post because after signing up with JulieG’s link, I was curious to see how many others are coming, so I read through the Thread from the beginning. Noticed that the Zoom meeting ID you have in this post is different from the one that I got when I registered.

UPDATE: The faulty link has been corrected.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
jenbhappy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jenbhappy »

If I’m not able to attend how do I get access to the recorded video ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

floramaria wrote:I am concerned about the information in your post because after signing up with JulieG’s link, I was curious to see how many others are coming, so I read through the Thread from the beginning. Noticed that the Zoom meeting ID you have in this post is different from the one that I got when I registered.
Julie G just changed the link for connecting to the webinar. You now have to register here to participate. Hopefully everyone will get the message that it is changed.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

https://peterattiamd.com/davefeldmantranscript/

I have read the transcript, which has comments by Dayspring.
It is quite sobering to see Daysprings corrections of the discussion and I intend to continue with my prescribing of statins for those with established coronary artery disease.
Lipids are extraordinarily complex and it is IMO dangerous to reduce an approach to them to black and white.

I also intend to hedge my bets by keeping my saturated fat low.
I did the Dave Feldman experiment of 5 days very high saturated fat, high calorie - and contrary to his prediction/hypothesis my Ldl/ apoB **rose** significantly, around 30%. (I am both a hyperabsorber and hypersynthesiser).

YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I also intend to hedge my bets by keeping my saturated fat high.
A bold move! I'm hedging my bets by using a low carb approach with primarily Mediterranean fats: EVOO, avocados, nuts, fatty fish, olives, etc. to both maintain healthy metabolic markers and create ketones to address my reduced ability to use glucose as brain fuel while keeping lipids pretty.

The fraidy-cat approach :D
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Anybody interested in a lipid chat with Dave Feldman?

Post by Stavia »

Julie G wrote:
I also intend to hedge my bets by keeping my saturated fat high.
A bold move! I'm hedging my bets by using a low carb approach with primarily Mediterranean fats: EVOO, avocados, nuts, fatty fish, olives, etc. to both maintain healthy metabolic markers and create ketones to address my reduced ability to use glucose as brain fuel while keeping lipids pretty.

The fraidy-cat approach :D
Whoops!! Low!!!
I eat very similarly to Julie, but more grass fed beef lamb and venison because its what is only available here in NZ

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: RE: Re: Anybody interested in a lipid chat with Dave Feldman?

Post by Tincup »

Stavia wrote:Whoops!! Low!!!
I eat very similarly to Julie, but more grass fed beef lamb and venison because its what is only available here in NZ
Wow, I wondered for a moment, as we all seem to eat similarly when we have been together. :lol:
Tincup
E3,E4