Indianapolis area meetup

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Indianapolis area meetup

Post by DaleBru »

I see some others here who are from the Indianapolis area. Would you enjoy meeting? I'll be happy to help organize one of there is interest.
PM me at DaleBru if you'd like to exchange email addresses etc.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Indianapolis area meetup

Post by CarrieS »

DaleBru wrote:I see some others here who are from the Indianapolis area. Would you enjoy meeting? I'll be happy to help organize one of there is interest.
PM me at DaleBru if you'd like to exchange email addresses etc.
Good Morning DaleBru and Welcome to the Forums!
Since you joined the Community a few weeks ago, I'm thinking that you may have learned a few tricks on navigating the website. If not, this post in the Wiki is a useful guide with loads of tips. Thank you for your offer to host a Meet Up of Indianapolis area members. Creating community around us is so important. High five!
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Grace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grace »

Hi DaleBru and welcome!

You will find a lot of great support here.

Thanks for proposing a meet-up! I am just wondering if you are thinking of an in-person meet-up or a virtual one using Zoom. We have a Zoom subscription and can fairly easily arrange virtual face-to-face meet-ups as well. I wasn't clear from your message which kind you were proposing.

Thanks for reaching out! Hopefully you will get a robust response.

Grace
Forum Moderator
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Indianapolis area meetup

Post by DaleBru »

Grace wrote:Hi DaleBru and welcome!

You will find a lot of great support here.

Thanks for proposing a meet-up! I am just wondering if you are thinking of an in-person meet-up or a virtual one using Zoom. We have a Zoom subscription and can fairly easily arrange virtual face-to-face meet-ups as well. I wasn't clear from your message which kind you were proposing.

Thanks for reaching out! Hopefully you will get a robust response.

Grace
Forum Moderator
Hi Grace,

I was thinking in-person, but I would also be very comfortable with Zoom. I would leave it up to the responders. Maybe a combination of both, even.

I'm age 70, thankfully in excellent health, and recently learned I am ApoE 3/4 as part of volunteering for the Generations study. My motivation for the MeetUp is to help people who are feeling anxiety about it (I don't but I understand why many are) and to compare opinions with others as we learn more about Apoe4 and all it's ramifications. My bias is that there is a huge amount of great information here, mixed with a huge amount of misinformation. And it's hard, maybe impossible, to make good decisions about which is which, for much of it, until we get more and better research results.

I suspect, even hope, that there will be thousands of people near Indianapolis who learn their ApoE status during the next five years. Some will be more comfortable with face-to-face interaction, I'm guessing. Time will tell.

By the way, thank you and all involved for starting and maintaining apoe4.info. It is super!

Dale

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Dale! Thank you for volunteering to take part in the Generation Study which we all hope will prove to be informative. We do have others who are also participating, who will hopefully reach out to you.
My bias is that there is a huge amount of great information here, mixed with a huge amount of misinformation. And it's hard, maybe impossible, to make good decisions about which is which, for much of it, until we get more and better research results.
Amen! We don't preview or edit our member's posts, but rather allow everything that adheres to our Community Guidelines to be posted. For a synthesis of what generally reflects our current understanding, please see our Primer or Wiki. If you see "misinformation" in the Primer, please let us know. If you see misinformation in theWiki, jump in and make an edit. It's meant to be a dynamic and collaborative effort.

My son is currently living in Indy, three hours from me. If you put a group together, I'd love to pop in. The primary goal for your meet-up is to reassure other members who may be feeling distressed? Very kind! :D
Gillyp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gillyp »

A warm welcome to our community DaleBru.

What a fantastic first post - offering to arrange a local meet-up and to be there to help others. Your generosity and kindness will be much appreciated by others. If you go with a Zoom meet-up then it really opens this meeting up to anyone and not just those in the Indy area. Make sure you keep us all updated as plans firm up.

It sounds like you've already taken the time to explore our site. Julie G has given you links to the Primer and Wiki. Input is always appreciated and making sure any information is correct and giving balanced views is so important. I hope to see you posting often and sharing your insights. Once again, welcome.
ND, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
FMCA/Reversing Cognitive Decline - Pending Fall 2018
Indywoman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Indywoman »

Hi Dale,

It is so great of you to reach out, and I would love to get together in person, along with others on this forum! You may notice that my moniker is "Indywoman". I do live in Indianapolis, transplanted through a number of career moves, and miles away from the mountainous Montana town of a thousand people where I grew up. It has been about a year since I joined this forum, and "drinking through a fire hose" doesn't even begin to describe this trek.

It would be great to meet you Julie, and personally thank you for all your path-breaking efforts in starting and maintaining this site, as well as your drive and determination to bring knowledge/research on Alzheimer's to the national level and beyond. Let's see who else responds to this meetup, and I would be happy to be your co-organizer, DaleBru.
4/4. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

It would be great to meet you Julie, and personally thank you for all your path-breaking efforts in starting and maintaining this site, as well as your drive and determination to bring knowledge/research on Alzheimer's to the national level and beyond.
Thank you, Indywoman. I greatly appreciate your thoughtful posts and would be delighted to meet as well! Let's try to make this happen.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

I'll try to drive up from Louisville to participate, dependent on time, date, and general craziness! Please keep me posted.
Slacker
E4/E4
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NancyM »

Indy is about a 2 hour drive for me so I'd also be interested depending on details. I'll watch for more.....