Ozarks Folk?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
donbob
Contributor
Contributor

Ozarks Folk?

Post by donbob »

Any interest in getting something started on Zoom with the long term goal of a getogether in the future. I am 71 and in excellent health. E3/E4 and volunteered for the Generations study. Lots of dementia on one parent’s side and Type 2 diabetes on the other. Goal is to share the word regarding best practices to address these.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Ozarks Folk?

Post by NF52 »

donbob wrote:Any interest in getting something started on Zoom with the long term goal of a getogether in the future. I am 71 and in excellent health. E3/E4 and volunteered for the Generations study. Lots of dementia on one parent’s side and Type 2 diabetes on the other. Goal is to share the word regarding best practices to address these.
Hi donbob,

I'm guessing that since you're in the Generations 2 Study, you're in the St. Louis, Missouri part of the Ozarks. We have about 10 forum members who are in Generations 1 or 2; I've been in Generations 1 for the last 18 months. I think we're a pretty geographically diverse group, with members living in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Indiana, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Oregon and now Missouri (if I guessed correctly).
A quick search for the terms "Missouri" "Kansas" and "Arkansas" didn't turn up any other current forum members from your region, but that doesn't mean people aren't here who know and appreciate Ozark culture and would like to have a Zoom meeting.

Feel free to share how your participation in Generations 2 is going also!
4/4 and still an optimist!
donbob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by donbob »

Still in the holding pattern since the generations people said I was not being inducted into gen 1. My current status is still a volunteer. Which is fine, since that is the part of the process I can control.

You are correct. We are a little more than 100 miles from St Louis.

I really didn't expect to get many responses. Almost all of my friends were surprised that I eat low carb, fast, hit the weights, and go to yoga classes. Nobody knows I meditate. I am an anomaly locally. A shame, since at our age we have time for ourselves.
DonBob
e3e4
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

donbob wrote:...Almost all of my friends were surprised that I eat low carb, fast, hit the weights, and go to yoga classes. Nobody knows I meditate. I am an anomaly locally. A shame, since at our age we have time for ourselves.
You might be an anomaly locally, but you might also be a role model for those friends of yours. Change comes at different times for different people. Right now I'm learning the benefits of "toe yoga", something I didn't know existed until the PT explained that if I wanted my toes to work right after foot surgery, I'd better start practicing it. (A practice with no "classes", I admit!) Enjoy that volunteering and "me" time!
LeeRodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LeeRodriguez »

I’m interested in an ozarks meet up! I’m in SW Mo
donbob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by donbob »

That makes two of us. We are near Rolla. I’ll PM you.
donbob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by donbob »

Lee,. Were you able to find my private message?
DonBob
e3e4
LeeRodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LeeRodriguez »

Yes I replied but guess it didn’t post
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

donbob wrote:Lee,. Were you able to find my private message?
LeeRodriguez wrote:Yes I replied but guess it didn’t post
Hi guys,
Just jumping in to mention that you might want to use the "quotation" mark in the upper right corner of each post to "quote" each other, so you're sure to get an email that the other person has posted a reply. You can also "subscribe" to this (or any) topic by going to wrench icon right underneath the title Ozarks Folk and clicking on that, then on the "subscribe" button in the drop down menu.

Lee, when you send a Private Message (PM), the system should immediately go to a screen that says that your message has been sent, and give you a link to view your PM. I always send a blind copy to myself, by typing in my user name in the box that is titled "Add Recipients". It should also show up as a red flag in the mailbox icon next to your user name.

You may want to check the PM "mailbox" next to your user name, and if you don't see your message in a list, try sending it again.

Good luck to our Ozark buddies, from a Blue Ridge friend.
LeeRodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LeeRodriguez »

Maybe you could just PM your email address.