Seattle Meet-Up

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
SamNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Seattle Meet-Up

Post by SamNZ »

mkhikergirl wrote:I also don't know how to message on this site, and am also interested.
Hi mkhikergirl,

Thanks for reaching out on our site, as NF52 mentioned we like to think of this as a safe space to contact others who can help answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to ask as there are heaps of contributors here who have some great advice and tips on how to tackle many of the things that come up for people on awareness of their APOE4 status. Welcome again, Cheers SamNZ
Samantha McBride
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
mabeldin
New User
New User

Post by mabeldin »

I am also in WA State but in the SE so no chance of meeting in Seattle. But I can always hope to join you all one of these days.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

mabeldin wrote:I am also in WA State but in the SE so no chance of meeting in Seattle. But I can always hope to join you all one of these days.
Welcome to the community mabeldin. Maybe we can plan to meet "in the middle" for a walk and lunch.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Davida
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Davida »

mabeldin wrote:I am also in WA State but in the SE so no chance of meeting in Seattle. But I can always hope to join you all one of these days.
Welcome mabeldin to the Apoe4 site!

We are glad you posted and I think you will find a wealth of information here as well as a thoughtful and caring community. I'm sorry that the meet-ups in Seattle are so far away. Perhaps staying in touch with these people on-line will eventually lead to some connections. I see CarrieS has responded and that's great.

Poke around the forums to see whats being discussed and also view Primer (if you haven't already) started by a member physician. It has a wealth of information on the Apoe4 gene and has a list of strategies to minimize risk. You may find Wiki useful for more in-depth discussions on topics that interest you specifically. Also, when and if you desire, Our Stories is a spot to share more of yourself.

My best, enjoy spring and this coming summer. I use to live in Washington and know how lovely it can be!

Davida
Davida
FMCHC
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches Certification 2018
mabeldin
New User
New User

Post by mabeldin »

Thanks Davida and CarrieS for your kind words. Yes, maybe someday we can meet for lunch and chat.

So far, I am doing fine. I have high cholesterol but am on a low dose statin and have been trying to carefully choose my food but eating mostly veggies gets rather tiresome. I have French Canadian ancestry to which I attributed the high cholesterol and is probably where I got the ApoE4 gene--my mom. But my dad's side is just about as bad (English and Scottish). Most of my ancestors died of some sort of cardioi-vascular condition, so can't blame it all on the French Canadian side.

Although I just turned 71, I am very active with two dogs, walking and running with them. Plus I do family history which I think keeps my mind working so I feel good and my body seems to be responding well.

I am glad to know that my DNA is not my destiny and that I can keep doing things that I like as long as I am careful about my food choices.

Wishing all of you good thoughts with where you are in this frustrating situation.

Margie in Richland, WA
New User
New User

Post by 1039678 »

My name is Sally C. and I am very interested in meeting up to share and learn . Please contact me regarding my interest. Thank you :)
CoachMT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachMT »

1039678 wrote:My name is Sally C. and I am very interested in meeting up to share and learn . Please contact me regarding my interest. Thank you :)
Welcome to the ApoE4.info community Sally C.! It’s great to have you join this active and supportive community! Terrific to hear that you are interested in participating in the Seattle Meet-up! I'm sure local participants will reach out to you soon!

In the meantime, if you haven’t seen it already, the primer is a great starting place to learn about the extensive resources available to you on the ApoE4.info site. It was authored by a member physician who carries two copies of the ApoE4 allele, is regularly updated and provides information on the science behind the ApoE4 allele, tips on diet and lifestyle choices, biomarkers to check, and prevention strategies. In addition, you may be interested in checking out the thread on Our Stories to learn about fellow community members who are embarking on this journey and share your own story!

Great to have you as part of the community!
Best,
Mandy
-Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline (FMCA)
-Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
-National Board Certified- Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

1039678 wrote:My name is Sally C. and I am very interested in meeting up to share and learn . Please contact me regarding my interest. Thank you :)
Welcome, Sally!

I'll just add to Mandy's warm welcome and hope that you find both the virtual community and some area friends who can appreciate the path that brought you to the ApoE4.Info forum. Because people don't always "subscribe" to forum topics that they might wish to follow, we also use a system of "quoting" people. You can see a list of folks who live in the Seattle area below. Each of them will get an email notification of your post and interest in meeting. I encourage you to check out the tip at the bottom of this post on how to "subscribe" to this and any other "conversation" you want to "follow". That way you will get a notification any time someone adds to this "thread", even if they don't "quote" you.

For other tips on how to easily make the most of this forum, check out "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website
Berri wrote:
rainy wrote:
mkhikergirl wrote:
CarrieS wrote:
DebbieG wrote:
shenmen wrote:
kv wrote:
NatureLover wrote:
Ravenna wrote:
For anyone wanting to be sure you get notified of replies about this topic, go to the wrench icon at the top of the page, just under the topic heading in bold font, and click on that. Then click on Subscribe Topic and you'll get an email anytime someone adds to this conversation topic.
4/4 and still an optimist!
Rainy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rainy »

Great! Special thanks to NF52 for bringing us all together to meet up in Seattle!
Rainy
E4/E4
"Live your life, live your life, live your life!" Maurice Sendak
thumperama
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by thumperama »

Please count me in.