Seattle Meet-Up

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Seattle Meet-Up

Post by NF52 »

mkhikergirl wrote:Is there going to be a meet-up in July? My schedule has changed and I may be available rather than waiting until an August meeting. I would love to meet with the group (or anyone). I'm currently starting on the ketogenic 3/12 food plan and am feeling overwhelmed. Also, thanks NF52 Support team for letting us know how to sign up for receiving email notices. I tried to send a personal message to one of our members and this website/forum told me I wasn't authorized to send personal messages....even though I'm logged into the site. I'm definitely in the learning stages of participating here! Thanks everyone who has commented, it really helps.
Hi Melissa,
Sorry about your difficulty with "Private Messages" (aka PM's). Our system software is set up to require either 2 or 3 initial posts before someone can send a PM. I assume that's both to encourage people to share their ideas and questions in a forum, and also to cut down possibly on spam. At any rate, you should be good to go now, since you've posted 3 times.

Here's a link to the wiki section on sending (and finding!) Private messages: How-To use Private Messages and here's the main page for "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website.

Another tip: It's always a good idea to use the "quote" function (the single quotation in the upper right of any post) to be sure the person you're replying to see's your post. The "how-to" guide shows various ways of doing that.

Good luck with plans for a summer meet-up!
4/4 and still an optimist!
DebS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Seattle Meet-Up

Post by DebS »

mkhikergirl wrote: I tried to send a personal message to one of our members and this website/forum told me I wasn't authorized to send personal messages....even though I'm logged into the site. I'm definitely in the learning stages of participating here! Thanks everyone who has commented, it really helps.
Hi mkhikergirl! Our site requires you to have posted twice before it will allow you to send personal messages. Now that you have satisfied that requirement, you shouldn't have any trouble sending PM messages. Feel free to give it a try and let me know if you are still having trouble. You can even send me a test message if that helps! If you choose to respond in this thread (totally optional and just to see how it works!) and quote me as I did when I responded to you, I will be notified by email of your response. There are great instructions here in our "How-to Guide".

A couple of things that may help with the feeling of overwhelm are to make use of the information on ketogenic diets in the Wiki and also our search function which you will find if you click on the magnifying glass at the top right of the page. You might also consider posting more about yourself in the Our Stories thread for support. I hope you are able to connect with the Seattle group.

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Deb
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Certified Reversing Cognitive Decline