Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
MagicBean
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Post by MagicBean »

Last edited by MagicBean on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoachMT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachMT »

HopefulCaroline wrote:I'm new here...I'd be interested to help spread the word. I'm not sure if this Zoom meeting took place yet or not. Thanks for organizing.
Welcome to the ApoE4.info community HopefulCaroline! It’s great to have you join this active and supportive community! Terrific to hear that you are interested in participating in the "Calling all Alzheimer's Activists" Zoom meeting! I'm sure Julie or other members will reply shortly to update you on the next meeting.

In the meantime, if you haven’t seen it already, the primer is a great place to learn about the resources available on the ApoE4.info site that you may want to incorporate into your own learning journey. It was authored by a member physician who also carries two copies of the APOE-ε4 allele. The primer is regularly updated and provides information on the science behind the APOE-ε4 allele, tips on diet and lifestyle choices, biomarkers to check, and prevention strategies.

You may also be interested in checking out Our Stories forum to learn about community members embarking on the same journey and to share your own journey! Please don't hesitate to post and ask questions as you explore the site.

Welcome!
Best, Mandy
-Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline (FMCA)
-Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
-National Board Certified- Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Julie G wrote:Please let me know if moving the meeting up by several hours would work?
Earlier on August 13 works for me.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to work with everyone’s schedule. I’ll do my best to make sure the meeting is recorded and/or notes are taken and shared for anyone who can’t make it. I’d like to keep our meetings to approximately one hour in length with the understanding that this one may be a few minutes longer with introductions. Let’s plan to move the meeting to Tuesday, August 13th @ 1PM PT, 2PM MT, 3PM CT and 4PM ET.
_________
AGENDA

1. Welcome & Introductions: Each participants will have several (1-3 mins.) to introduce themselves. Zoom provides the option to join by video or by audio if you’d prefer to remain anonymous.

2. Brief description of the project: A public service campaign to disseminate brain health for all ages, with a strong emphasis on Alzheimer’s prevention.

3. Name ideas: Brainstorm!

4. Scope: Some ideas that have already been shared:

-A social media campaign
-A print brochure for physicians to share with patients
-A print brochure for the general public
-Education for teens
-TV PSAs, partnering with “celebs”?

5. Wrap-up

Topic: Brain Health Campaign
Time: Aug 13, 2019 01:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/963221619

One tap mobile
+16465588656,,963221619# US (New York)
+17207072699,,963221619# US

Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 720 707 2699 US
Meeting ID: 963 221 619
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/avTjZG0SQ

Feel free to plug the link into your browser to work out any connectivity issues before the meeting. Let me know if I can help. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and working on this important topic.
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DaleBru »

Julie, aren't these times backwards? 10 am ET would be 7 am PT.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thank you, DaleBru! Fixed.
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

Julie, great initiative! So to be clear: the meeting time is 4 p.m. EDT, Aug. 13, right?
ε4/ε4 (for now).
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Can't attend.

I love 'Call to Mind'. Using 'brain' in the name is good, but ultimately it's about how we experience life through our mind/awareness. The brain is the hardware, mind the experience? How 'bout 'Mind the Brain' (or was that listed ... gotta check).

Also like 'Mind the Gap', except that it may suggest the synapses are the only or main part of brain health to focus on?

Elementary and/or high school curricula material.

One way of hooking younger people might be to have a message track focused on how taking care of the brain during educational years not only improves current scores and future employment prospects but also help prevent disease down the road ... ie connect the dots, because the young don't think they will ever grow old. (Presumably there's good information about lifestyle and cognition in students, some of which may crossover with our lifestyle approaches.)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

circular wrote:How 'bout 'Mind the Brain'
Or 'Mind Your Brain' ... could be the name or a tagline.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Julie, great initiative! So to be clear: the meeting time is 4 p.m. EDT, Aug. 13, right?
You got it. It would be lovely to see you there. :D
Can't attend.
Our loss, my friend. perhaps you can join for subsequent meetings. I like a lot of your ideas and am eager to see the direction naming the project will take. Grace has a good point about something catchy, but also something that easily lends itself to a social media campaign. I completely agree with your ideas for connecting this message to a younger audience. They feel invincible, but need to realize that their current choices (alcohol, drugs, Red Bull, lack of sleep, junk food, extreme sports, etc.) can affect them down the road. My guess is that using a spokesperson with whom they can connect might be the best way to get their attention... if we even decide to broaden the scope to include that audience. My guess is that we'll have to prioritize and implement this campaign in stages. I also envision a lot of committee work. Can't wait to hear everyone's ideas!