Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Post by ru442 »

Maybe an image something like this, it kinda stoic but just as a start:
Letting-the-neurons-work.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

I'm hesitant about the nine strategies. It kind of bootstraps our mission.

REALLY nit-picking here.

Does it clearly communicate what we're about? Yes, but does is communicate HOW we are different from say the Alzheimer's Association? I know we are shying away from the word prevention, but we aren't targeted the disease, we are targeting early health strategies to prohibit Alzheimer's from ever being a concern.

Does it speak to our audience? Maybe. If I were a 30 year old and saw that I'd think - oh, I don't have to worry about that for years, which is kind of why I liked my tag line (Okay, shameless plug.)

I keep resonating with the discussion in our phone conference about clear message over cleverness.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
ellenjanemccallum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ellenjanemccallum »

Hello Julie, thank you for the update and so sorry I missed the first meeting - it was a bit late from across the pond.

I would love to help out on the consensus statement and or other things - keep me posted.

Re names - I LOVE Alzheimers Prevention Project APP- it has a sense of something alive and current - no doubt someone techy can come up with an app to go with it!
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

I keep trying to think of something that clearly communicates what our group is all about and speaks to younger folks (if it appeals to us, that might not be a good litmus test).

If you’re under 50, preventing Alzheimer’s isn’t much of a concern for most. But keeping the brain sharp and healthy, that has lots of appeal to younger folks, especially since I suspect that there are many youngsters struggling with maintaining focus and clear thinking due to diet, prescription drugs, etc.

I keep thinking – “Brain Alive” or “A Brain for Life”, with a tag line something like – "Because Alzheimer’s is a very long, slow brain death." or "Because the Alzheimer's brain starts at a young age."

Am I off in left field here?
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

I don't know if this resonates with anyone but how about
Fearless Brain, Alzheimer's Prevention
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote:
What do the connected circles represent?
LOL, nothing. :lol: It was a free logo generator and that was my only "brain" option. I just wanted to see what a logo for this idea could look like. Still in brain storming mode. I encourage anyone who has a name/logo idea to do the same and snap a pic to share.
I think it's perfect! Get everyone asking about the logo as another hook! :lol:
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Consider two PR tracks that live somewhere below the name and tagline:

The first would give the primary nine (or some number) more general approaches that are gaining acceptance and be called something a little simple like 'Happy Heart Happy Brain': exercise, diet (as in no processed foods), sleep ... Keep it general. This will address those who don't want to go deep and don't want to change the nitty gritty in their life. The fact is that these measures will move the dial a LOT in most people and are as far as many will be willing to go.

Then have a second track/section/message under a heading that's more 'exciting', shall we say, like 'Flat Out Radical Brain Protection Strategies that Will Also Improve Our World'. This one would detail all the ways that going the extra miles for our brain also heals the world: eat organic, avoid AGEs (note that grilling smoke, as one example, is air toxic pollution!), never use RoundUp or glyphosate products on your lawn, avoid (almost) *all* restaurant meat and eggs ...

I'm not wedded to the headings there (although I kind of like them :) ), just throwing out the concept as a way not to overwhelm people who won't react well to information overload, while also providing more for those hungry for the whole beast.

If the message is too watered down then we're neither differentiated enough nor true enough to our knowledge base, but if it's too far reaching we could lose interest and invite easy dismissal while not honoring that other entities are finally getting the message.
Last edited by circular on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote:
What do the connected circles represent?
LOL, nothing. :lol: It was a free logo generator and that was my only "brain" option. I just wanted to see what a logo for this idea could look like. Still in brain storming mode. I encourage anyone who has a name/logo idea to do the same and snap a pic to share.
I also like the acronyms you came up with , Julie especially REAP and INSTEAD. I can see what I come up with using a free logo generator and post Here.
(I dont know how to design a logo, but the circles on this one to me suggested some kind of mechanical contraption that the poor head had to endure.)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

ru442 wrote:Maybe an image something like this, it kinda stoic but just as a start:

Letting-the-neurons-work.jpeg
I like this image! It is beautiful.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

I also like ru442's image.