August Seattle Meet-up

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

August Seattle Meet-up

Post by Berri »

Dear mkhikergirl, mabeldin, CarrieS, SallyC, rainy, DebbyG, Shenmen, kv, NatureLover, Ravenna,
and anyone else who wants to join us!! (I hope I got all the names of those who have expressed interest.)

I propose that we meet Sunday, August 25, at the Ballard Locks for a brown bag picnic*. There will be another of the popular community band concerts on the lawn, with picnic tables nearby. It's really quite a lovely place and besides the concert, you can watch boats, big and small, go through the ship canal between Lake Washington and Puget Sound. Oh, and the flower gardens are lovely, too.

*I thought brown bag because we all have our various food restrictions. But if most would rather do pot luck, do let me know.
thumperama
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: August Seattle Meet-up

Post by thumperama »

I would love to join as well.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Berri wrote:Dear mkhikergirl, mabeldin, CarrieS, SallyC, rainy, DebbyG, Shenmen, kv, NatureLover, Ravenna,
and anyone else who wants to join us!! (I hope I got all the names of those who have expressed interest.)

I propose that we meet Sunday, August 25, at the Ballard Locks for a brown bag picnic*. There will be another of the popular community band concerts on the lawn, with picnic tables nearby. It's really quite a lovely place and besides the concert, you can watch boats, big and small, go through the ship canal between Lake Washington and Puget Sound. Oh, and the flower gardens are lovely, too.

*I thought brown bag because we all have our various food restrictions. But if most would rather do pot luck, do let me know.
Count me IN too! What time and where do you suggest we look for you? Thank you for organizing this Berri.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

Oh, great! I wasn't getting any replies but now both you and Rainy have said you can come. Terrific.

As to details: the concerts start at 2 pm but you have to get there earlier to get chairs. We'd have to decide if we want to eat before, during or after the music. Lots of people do spread out a blanket and eat there on the lawn. There are big tables and benches further along and you can hear the music from there whilst watching the boats. It's fun to watch the band, too. But then the concerts are two hours. Hmm. Tell me what you think?

Berri
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

We are going strong on this. Have five people so far. Need MORE!! Come on over!!

Berri
shenmen100
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shenmen100 »

I will try to stop by, I have visitors in town but live close to the locks so probably can get away for a bit
DebbieG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DebbieG »

I'm up for it! I like to watch boats so would prefer that seating.
Thanks for organizing, Berri!

Debbie
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

thumperama wrote:I would love to join as well.
HI, So glad you saw the notice. Yes, come and join us. I'm just now writing the reminder, so look for it.

See you soon!! Berri
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

shenmen100 wrote:I will try to stop by, I have visitors in town but live close to the locks so probably can get away for a bit
Hi, so glad we'll get to see you. You must feel free to bring your visitors! The more the merrier.

Berri
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

Hi, everybody,

The weather forecast doesn't look great but hey, they're often wrong. Let's decide it will be sunny!

Please meet at 1 pm sharp this coming Sunday just inside the gate at the Ballard Locks (west on NW Market Street and then slight left at the Taco Time). Then you will see the parking area on your left. You will also see a small street café so if you forget your brown bag, you can grab a bite there.

If you think you'll be late or find that you are late, call me. (PM me early for number.)

We will stake out a spot for the music, then go find a table closer to the boats. Bring your own brown bag, drink, table service, raincoat?, umbrella?

Come one, come all!!!

Cheers, Berri