Looking for a Bredesen practitioner

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for a Bredesen practitioner

Post by 9999 »

Hello. I would really appreciate getting some information about what practitioners others have used. I prefer to go to an MD so I would be able to submit the charges to my insurance. Thank you for any information you can give me.
jrealmac
New User
New User

Re: Looking for a Bredesen practitioner

Post by jrealmac »

I did some research online last summer for the same thing. Through this website, I found 2 functional medicine doctors in Michigan doing the protocol. I went to both of them this summer for research purposes for my mother. One was "certified" in the Bredesen protocol. Her name was Dr. Cairn Nielsen out of Petoskey, Michigan. The 2nd one is implementing the Bredesen protocol with some of his patients, but has not got certified as of June 2019. His name is Dr. Michael Zielinski out of Royal Oak, Michigan. They both seemed very knowledgeable about what it takes to make this protocol work.

The problem is though everything is out of pocket expense. The way I view it is like building a house. If you are properly trained you can build a house yourself. But if you are regular person it would take years to build an entire house successfully and you would probably make mistakes. I think it's the same way with this protocol. I haven't found any medical doctors in Michigan doing the protocol.

All the best,
jrealmac
Lisa G
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Looking for a Bredesen practitioner

Post by Lisa G »

jrealmac wrote:I did some research online last summer for the same thing... I haven't found any medical doctors in Michigan doing the protocol.
Hello jrealmac. I'd like to welcome you to the ApoE4 forum. Thank you for contributing to this post about looking for a Bredesen practitioner. I hope your mom has found quality care. More and more docs are being trained in the protocol so hopefully all states will soon be represented!! And it is unfortunate that at this time in our country, things like Alzheimer's prevention tend to be "cash only." However, most times you can at least submit the testing to your insurance for reimbursement to offset some of the cost.
In case you haven't explored the site too much, I wanted to direct you to some resources that are helpful. You may appreciate taking a look at the primer as it is a great place to start and written by a physician in laymen's terms. There is also a "How-To" Guide that makes your journey around the site much more efficient. Finally, I've found the search function to be an awesome way to research questions you may have as most likely, someone has asked the question before and there are several threads of information regarding that topic.
Again, welcome to the community. Please don't hesitate to tell us a little about yourself in the "Our Stories" and continue commenting on posts! We love active members!
Lisa H. Gerardi, MA
National Board Certified - Health & Wellness Coach
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Integrative Nutrition Certified Coach