Qigong MeetUp Saturday April 18

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Qigong MeetUp Saturday April 18

Post by floramaria »

Let's get together to tune in to our bodies, reduce stress, and strengthen our immune systems with a Qigong MeetUp online.
Qigong is an internal energy practice combining gentle movement and breath that is a foundation of Traditional Chinese Medicine. By focusing our attention on the internal sensations, we activate our parasympathetic nervous systems.
The movements will be very simple and easy to follow. Can even be done sitting in a chair.

Saturday,April 18
12:30 Pacific , 1:30 Mountain, 2:30 Central, 3:30 Eastern.
We will meet for around 40 minutes.
Zoom link to join:
https://zoom.us/j/5544164505
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
AKA
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Qigong MeetUp Saturday April 18

Post by AKA »

Thank you floramaria, I look forward to joining this time!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

floramaria wrote:Let's get together to tune in to our bodies, reduce stress, and strengthen our immune systems with a Qigong MeetUp online.
I'll be there! Thank you so much!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Sounds great!!
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks, Flora! We'll try to make it again. I have a pretty severe rotator cuff injury so don't mind me if I half-flap :roll:
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Hoping to be there!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie G wrote: I have a pretty severe rotator cuff injury so don't mind me if I half-flap :roll:
Hi Julie,

A number of years ago I did a double eject skiing at 40 MPH and impacted on my shoulder. It healed, but still gave me issues. Enough that I had it injected with PRP last July. The doc then said I had a torn labrum, though never had it imaged. I was seeing some benefit from the injection at about 8 weeks when a shoulder pain exercise reference by a orthopedic MD showed up in my feed. I started doing the exercises and it had an immediate positive impact. I continue them daily. Today, if I'd seen the exercises first, I doubt if I would have ever done the PRP injection.

Here is the website. Also the book. The 5th (most recent) edition appears to be in Kindle but not in paperback on Amazon. It is here on Barnes and Noble.

I've given this info to a number of friends with rotator cuff injuries and they say they've benefited. The author was able to get back to very vigorous tennis after a severe rotator cuff injury, without ever having surgery. He said that the shoulder surgery part of his practice dropped to near zero after he started prescribing these exercises for his patients.
Tincup
E3,E4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote:Thanks, Flora! We'll try to make it again. I have a pretty severe rotator cuff injury so don't mind me if I half-flap :roll:
Hi Julie G. Hope you will come and half-flap!
In the case of injury like yours some important Qigong principles apply.
Movement is gentle, and always within the range that is comfortable for the individual at that moment. How the movement is done...ie how far the arms might spread to the side or how high an arm is raised....is less important than working with the flow of energy. In your case, this would be sending your intention that energy flow out through your shoulder and your arm to your finger tips and thinking/ visualizing/intending lifting the arm even if you do not move it at all. You focus your attention and activate your will that the energy to flow.
It might be interesting to try as long as you make sure you do not push physically in any way.
( I can also completely understand if you chose not to participate. :D )
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Here is the website. Also the book. The 5th (most recent) edition appears to be in Kindle but not in paperback on Amazon. It is here on Barnes and Noble.

I've given this info to a number of friends with rotator cuff injuries and they say they've benefited. The author was able to get back to very vigorous tennis after a severe rotator cuff injury, without ever having surgery. He said that the shoulder surgery part of his practice dropped to near zero after he started prescribing these exercises for his patients.
Huge thanks, my friend. I will order. This is a longstanding injury that I aggravated with strength training at my gym before COVID19 closed it down. I have a high threshold for pain and didn't realize how bad it had gotten until I got really nauseous the other night and was unable to eat or do much of anything besides moan in bed with a heating pad. I detest NSAIDS (because of gut effects) but have relented to a half a naproxen per day which is doing a world of good. I also ordered this to increase blood flow. What do you think?
Hi Julie G. Hope you will come and half-flap!
In the case of injury like yours some important Qigong principles apply.
Movement is gentle, and always within the range that is comfortable for the individual at that moment. How the movement is done...ie how far the arms might spread to the side or how high an arm is raised....is less important than working with the flow of energy. In your case, this would be sending your intention that energy flow out through your shoulder and your arm to your finger tips and thinking/ visualizing/intending lifting the arm even if you do not move it at all. You focus your attention and activate your will that the energy to flow.
It might be interesting to try as long as you make sure you do not push physically in any way.

Thank you, Flora. Great advice. I'll join if I can. :D
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

T and I may be a few minutes late.
Tincup
E3,E4