Any Canucks out there?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Any Canucks out there?

Post by Richard McG »

Just curious love to do a meet up with any Canadians in the Toronto/Hamilton area?
Check out our RE-code info and chat about best practices etc.

Rick 4/4 50 years of age - married 3/3, 1 child 3/4

Edit - now in Vancouver
Last edited by Richard McG on Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Any Canucks out there?

Post by NF52 »

Richard McG wrote:Just curious love to do a meet up with any Canadians in the Toronto/Hamilton area?
Check out our RE-code info and chat about best practices etc.

Rick 4/4 50 years married 1 child :)
Only a true Canadian would dare to post that title!! As someone who thinks that those of us in the U.S. (or at least the lower 48) should all get a free pass to move to Canada for a year to see how great life is there, I hope you find lots of folks for a virtual or social-distancing meet-up. Below are some of the results from a Search of the word "Canada" using the icon of a magnifying glass in the upper right bar of icons by your user name:
  • Caterina870
    Trevor
    Anita
    leolouo
    newkana
    CanadianNB
    carbonxiv
    elaineh
    steve58
    Jostmeister
    arthur
The Search results highlight the target word, then you can just go to the posts to see if it's relevant. Of course, Canada is a big place; these folks may not be near Toronto.You can enter the User Names below as the recipients in the Private Message, and copy yourself also. That sends an email out to each person notifying them that you ("Richard McG ") have sent them a Private Message in ApoE 4. If folks reply, you can figure out meet-up info without sharing phone numbers or names or locations with the online universe!

Here's a link for more info on how to do PM's:
Using Private Messages
4/4 and still an optimist!
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

:)
Thanks will send out some messages appreciate it!
TCat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCat »

Hi, Rick. I am in Toronto and would be interested to join group discussions.

Jolicoeur, who is Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, is also in Toronto's area.
Beegee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Beegee »

Hi Rick,
This post is old but I'm relatively new and would love to get in touch with anyone living in Ontario.
Did you manage to connect with the fellow Canadians?
I've been reading, watching, listening, way too much, and I'm literally information resistant now, I wish I could talk to a human :(
Keeping fingers crossed that someone will respond
Thank you
Beegee
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Richard McG wrote::)
Thanks will send out some messages appreciate it!
TCat wrote: Hi, Rick. I am in Toronto and would be interested to join group discussions.

Jolicoeur, who is Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, is also in Toronto's area.
Beegee wrote:Hi Rick,
This post is old but I'm relatively new and would love to get in touch with anyone living in Ontario.
Did you manage to connect with the fellow Canadians?
I've been reading, watching, listening, way too much, and I'm literally information resistant now, I wish I could talk to a human :(
Keeping fingers crossed that someone will respond
Thank you
Beegee
Hi Beegee! I've "quoted" Rick's and TCat's posts by using the large quotation mark in the upper right corner of their posts, so that they get an email notification of your interest. "Talking to a human" is something we've all come to value over that last year. Having been a US "neighbor" and visitor to Ontario for many years, here's heartfelt wishes that everyone in Ontario and throughout Canada can be vaccinated soon and enjoy meeting humans again!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

Thanks, friends.....Certainly has been a long haul but thanks to a couple of Canuck friends online certainly am on my way. Down to OMAD and Ketosis regularly above 1.0-1.6. Mind you all my devices bloodx2/urine and breath are all off a little from each other haha.

After the pandemic is over we should get together or chat online. Unfortunately, we are a little behind compared to our US cousins on the vaccination front. Maybe they will "loan" us a million more again.

Hmm, I wonder if we say sorry for burning down the white house in 1814 they will give us a little more :lol:

All the best friends.

Rick 4/4 51
Beegee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Beegee »

Hi Richard,
I haven't heard from anyone yet. I think people are just tired. And I don't blame them, if they were dealing with dementia and it's mostly gone I wouldn't want to revisit it either. In fact, this is my dream now, just to forget about it, like my husband does,
he is the one needing help :-(
Love your humour and thank you for replying,
Beegee
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Beegee wrote: I haven't heard from anyone yet. ,
Beegee
Hi Beegee, since you haven't had the chance to meet with anyone in person, I thought maybe you'd be interested in joining us for the " Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program". Next meeting will be on May 22nd. Though it won't be face-to-face, at least it is conversational and occurs in real time among human beings! Topics are not limited to discussing Dr Bredesen's book. We talk about all sorts of things related to brain health. If you are interested, you can send a message to the organizer, JML , or leave a message in the thread "Virtual book Club ..."
You can find that using the magnifying glass in upper right hand bar, to left of your user name.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Beegee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Beegee »

You are so kind Floramaria. I did attend the last one but I was under my real name, not a nick name though 🙂
You are right, just to see people affected by this horrible condition gave me a lot of hope. But I think we need help now. We have a free healthcare here in Canada, but I need to understand how to maneuver our system to get the most out of it. Functional medicine doctor would not be covered, but the tests should be and maybe the expense could be tax deductible, for example. Anyway, I appreciate your help and I'm looking forward to the Book Club on May 22nd. Thank you 🙂