Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Post by JML »

Hi all,
We will have the next virtual gathering on Saturday May 22 at 3:00 pm US Central Daylight Time. I sent out a calendar invitation to all of you who have shared your emails with me in a private message. If anyone else would like to join, just let me know.
"See" you all soon!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Jennie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jennie »

JML wrote:
Housing1 wrote:Hello, I joined this website four or five years ago, but have barely used it. I am now interested in participating, and joining the Virtual Book Club discussing Dr. Bredesen's recent book seemed like an excellent starting point. Could someone let me know how to join the next meeting on March 20, 2021. Thank you, Christine
Hi Christine,
So glad to have you join our virtual discussion! I should let you know that we don't stick strictly to the book for our discussions, but talk about a variety of topics of interest about the Bredesen Protocol and maintaining our brain health.

If you would like to get a calendar invitation to the Zoom call, please send me a Private Message with your email address. Otherwise, I will just PM the zoom link to you.
Hi JML, I’m brand new here. Just started reading The End Of Alzheimer’s. And so happy to learn of this site and book club. How do I get a zoom link, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NoNotMe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NoNotMe »

Hi Jennie,

Welcome to apoe4.info. We're so happy you've connected with us again. The link for the book club will be sent in a separate message and we looking forward to your joining us!

I wanted to welcome you and provide a couple quick links you can reference to get to know us a little better.
This is PRIMER. It was written by a member or our community who is a doctor and carries the apoe4 allele. There is such good and optimistic information that will help you understand aspects of the book that might be a little confusing without some background. Also included, a link to the WIKI which is a directory of many topics of interest.

We hope you find our site useful and encouraging! Please reach out with any questions you might have.
A Warm Welcome to you!

Erin
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach
Functional Medicine Health Coach
Integrative Nutritionalist
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Jennie wrote:Hi JML, I’m brand new here. Just started reading The End Of Alzheimer’s. And so happy to learn of this site and book club. How do I get a zoom link, please?
Hi Jennie,
Glad to have you join us! We talk about things in the book and brain health in general. If you send me a Private Message with your email address, I will send you a calendar link for the meeting. Or if you prefer not to do that, I will send the Zoom details by PM--just let me know your preference.
--Julie
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

The next Virtual Meet-up will be Saturday July 17 at 3:00 pm CT. I just sent out a calendar invitation for those who have expressed an interest before. Let me know if anyone new would like to join us (or if you did not receive the invitation). Looking forward to lively conversation!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Beatrice5413
New User
New User

Post by Beatrice5413 »

Hi I am interested in this please.
Beatrice R.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Beatrice5413 wrote:Hi I am interested in this please.
Beatrice R.
Welcome, Beatrice!

We're happy to have you join the Virtual Book Club. Julie (JML) the Moderator for the Virtual Book Club, will send you a Private Message with info on how to join the Zoom meeting next time.

In order to protect your privacy, I took the step (as a Moderator, like Julie) of removing your personal email from this post, as well as all but the initial of your last name. Feel free to include that if you want to in any replies, but since any posts are able to be viewed by anyone, anywhere, anytime, we encourage users to keep their personal contact info out of posts.

Hope you find the forum and the Book Club a great way to connect with our community!

NF52
4/4 and still an optimist!
NoNotMe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NoNotMe »

Greetings Beatrice541,

Welcome to the book club and we're happy you found our site. We have a vibrant community of active learners who share stories and research in support of preventing Alzheimers Disease and supporting those who are experiencing symptoms. I encourage you to have a look around the site. There is so much here!

I'd like to introduce you to a couple of helpful links. A warm introduction is found here WELCOME. Additionally the PRIMER is a guide to the biochemistry and possible prevention strategies. It was written by a doctor who has the APOE allele who is a member of our community. Lastly, this is a link to the WIKI which has a search function if there is something specific you're interested in.

"See" you at book club and until then sending wishes for your

Best Health,
Erin
Functional Medicine Health Coach
Integrative Nutritionalist
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Beatrice5413 wrote:Hi I am interested in this please.
Beatrice R.
Hi Beatrice R.
I will send a private message to you with the details. (Click on the envelope icon in the upper right corner.) Looking forward to having you join the group.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
LisaMarie
New User
New User

Post by LisaMarie »

Good Morning,

I am interested in the July zoom please. I attempted to PM JML, but I received this message, "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature." I did just register...So I thought maybe I would post and see if that would allow me to send a PM. Thanks, Lisa