Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Beegee
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Post by Beegee »

JML wrote:
jenniferthequeen wrote:Hey there - is this Zoom discussion group still active? I would love to join in if it is.
Yes it is! We have morphed into a virtual meet-up and discuss topics of interest to the group (not just the book). We do not have our next session scheduled, but I will put you on the list. If you would like to receive a calendar invitation, please send me a private message with your email address. Otherwise, I will send you the zoom connecting info by PM closer to the time of the meeting. Watch this space for the announcement of the next date.
Hello, I would love to join your book club too, but I'm new to the group and haven't posted anything yet, so I don't seem to be able to email you. This is what I get when I make an attempt to send you a private message:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature. "

Is there a way to get around it?. Thank you in advance
beegee
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Beegee wrote: Hello, I would love to join your book club too, but I'm new to the group and haven't posted anything yet, so I don't seem to be able to email you. This is what I get when I make an attempt to send you a private message:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature. "

beegee
Welcome, Beegee!

We have a safety feature in place to approve new posts, which is why you got that message. "JML" always gets a notification of new posts on this forum, so I'm sure will be glad to send you a Private Message about the next meeting. Congratulations on finding us back in December (2020 seems long ago already!) and enjoy finding a whole new community here.
4/4 and still an optimist!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Beegee wrote:"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature. "

beegee
Hi Beegee--I just sent you a private message. Hopefully you can respond to that. Let me know if that still doesn't work!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Beegee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Beegee »

Thank you JML, just replied to your email. Looking forward to joining the community. This is an amazing resource for anyone with a brain :-)
Beegee
BloomAgain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BloomAgain »

Beegee wrote:Looking forward to joining the community.
Welcome to the apoe4.info site, Beegee!

We are glad you found us and hope you find the wealth of information and support of the community helpful. Congratulations on taking the initiative to seek-out ApoE4 information -- it shows your curiosity and your bravery to explore the latest in ApoE4 information.

Since you are a new member, I thought a few additional links might help you to get the most out of this site.

How-To Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website was created to help new (and not so new) members navigate the site. This area explains how to use the quotes button so that the other member receives an email notification of your reply, how to search for topics, how to subscribe to topics of interest and more.

The PRIMER: An introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies is a fantastic resource, exploring areas such as the science behind the ApoE4 gene and the lifestyle factors that impact its expression.

Our Wiki Index offers a wealth of information and details the muti-factorial approach to taking control of your brain health.

If you find you need assistance in making these lifestyle changes, there is always expert help readily available:
Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner
A List of ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners
A List of ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches

And, we would love to know more about you and what led you to our site, we invite you to share your journey by creating a new topic in Our Stories.

Again, welcome! We are here to assist you, so please feel free to continue to post any questions! :D
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner/Health Coach (Bredesen Protocol)
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Hello to all in our virtual group--I've scheduled another session on:
Saturday March 20 at 3:00 pm US Central Time.

I've sent a calendar invitation to all who have shared their emails with me. If you would like to join us and did not receive the Zoom meeting details, let me know here or PM me with your email and I'll send you the info.

Hope to see you all for a lively discussion!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Housing1
New User
New User

Post by Housing1 »

Hello, I joined this website four or five years ago, but have barely used it. I am now interested in participating, and joining the Virtual Book Club discussing Dr. Bredesen's recent book seemed like an excellent starting point. Could someone let me know how to join the next meeting on March 20, 2021. Thank you, Christine
RAJ64
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RAJ64 »

Housing1 wrote:Hello, I joined this website four or five years ago, but have barely used it. I am now interested in participating, and joining the Virtual Book Club discussing Dr. Bredesen's recent book seemed like an excellent starting point. Could someone let me know how to join the next meeting on March 20, 2021. Thank you, Christine
Hello Christine,

It is so nice to hear from you today! Thank you for your interest in the Virtual Book Club. JML will take care of your request to join. :)

Since you are new to using the site, I would love to take the opportunity to share a few tips to help you find your way around. The site is divided into an extensive Wiki encyclopedia section and a Forum section where community conversations like this one about the book club take place. Please be sure you log in to the site when reading on the Forum or in the Wiki so you will be able to see any attachments members have made. If you are not logged in, you may get an error message that you don’t have access to a link. ;)

If you haven't seen it already, there is a search function on ApoE4.info. Using the search function helps you find previous conversations or threads on topics that interest you. You are encouraged to post to previous topics, even if they haven't been active for a while. It gets conversations going and often promotes new ways of looking at an issue. In addition, you can search for a specific thread topic by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the menu bar at the top of the page. You may have already found this link, but I am sharing just in case you didn't and could benefit from knowing:

How To Search the ApoE4 Site

One other handy thing to know is how to quote someone so that they are "tagged" by your post. Quoting facilitates conversation between members. It triggers an email to the forum member that you are quoting and gives that person a link to log on and open the ApoE4.info website right to your comment. If you would like to know how to quote someone this link will show you that procedure:

How To Use the Quote Function

You can introduce your self, if you wish, on the Our Stories forum. You would select New Topic in the upper left side of your screen to make a new post there. We are so glad you are here, Christine, and interested in the upcoming Book Club!

If there is anything else you want to know and can't find it on the site, please don't hesitate to ask! :D

Warmly,
Rachel
RAJ64, BSN, RN
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Housing1 wrote:Hello, I joined this website four or five years ago, but have barely used it. I am now interested in participating, and joining the Virtual Book Club discussing Dr. Bredesen's recent book seemed like an excellent starting point. Could someone let me know how to join the next meeting on March 20, 2021. Thank you, Christine
Hi Christine,
So glad to have you join our virtual discussion! I should let you know that we don't stick strictly to the book for our discussions, but talk about a variety of topics of interest about the Bredesen Protocol and maintaining our brain health.

If you would like to get a calendar invitation to the Zoom call, please send me a Private Message with your email address. Otherwise, I will just PM the zoom link to you.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Positivity
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Positivity »

I'd be interested too. Just ordered the book. I'm in London (GMT) so afternoons here, equivalent to mornings Eastern Standard time, work best for me.