Page 1 of 9

Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:53 am
by JML
Dr. Bredesen's new book will be released this week--the "How To" companion to his first book, The End of Alzheimer's.

Anyone interested in joining a virtual book club to discuss the material in the book? I thought it might be nice to have others around to help process all the information!

My thought is to break it into pieces--maybe discuss over 2 or 3 sessions. We could do it on Zoom (video conference).

If you are interested, let me know what times work best for you --mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, weekdays, etc. (and what time zone you are in!).

Thanks!
Julie L

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:07 am
by Julie G
Thank you for suggesting, JML! I'd be happy to provide a summary of each section if it would be helpful. For instance, each strategy can be broken down into specific action plans that we can all fairly easily incorporate into our everyday routines. As the original pioneers, I suspect many of us are already on top of many of these. :D

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:23 am
by AKA
JML wrote:Dr. Bredesen's new book will be released this week--the "How To" companion to his first book, The End of Alzheimer's.

Anyone interested in joining a virtual book club to discuss the material in the book? I thought it might be nice to have others around to help process all the information!

My thought is to break it into pieces--maybe discuss over 2 or 3 sessions. We could do it on Zoom (video conference).

If you are interested, let me know what times work best for you --mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, weekdays, etc. (and what time zone you are in!).

Thanks!
Julie L


Great idea Julie! I would love to participate. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone, currently have a flexible schedule and so will be able to accommodate my schedule to the majority. Thanks for initiating this! Andrea

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:01 pm
by JML
Julie G wrote:Thank you for suggesting, JML! I'd be happy to provide a summary of each section if it would be helpful. For instance, each strategy can be broken down into specific action plans that we can all fairly easily incorporate into our everyday routines. As the original pioneers, I suspect many of us are already on top of many of these. :D
Thank you Julie! That will be very helpful!

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:02 pm
by JML
AKA wrote:Great idea Julie! I would love to participate. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone, currently have a flexible schedule and so will be able to accommodate my schedule to the majority. Thanks for initiating this! Andrea
Great--will keep you posted.

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:14 am
by HeatherLst
I would be interested as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:17 pm
by JML
HeatherLst wrote:I would be interested as well.
Great! I'll keep you posted.

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:28 am
by lamb chops
Me too! I had just read about it today!

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:12 pm
by laureleastman
I would like to join, schedule is open, looking forward!

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:56 pm
by JML
lamb chops wrote:Me too! I had just read about it today!
I'll put you on the list!