Discount for high polyphenol EVOO

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Discount for high polyphenol EVOO

Post by Tincup »

Plumster wrote: Julie, I want to thank you for sharing this vender and discount with us! I gave it a try and absolutely love the evoo! I also want to share an interesting experience: The first few times I tried it, I felt an immediate sense of cognitive lucidity, like I was more present in the here and now. It was only the first few times I had it that this happened, but something clearly went straight to my brain in this recovering CIRS group member. :idea:
Hi Plumster, we are 1/3 of the way through our 2nd set of 12 bottles of Coratina and absolutely love it. In my case, I react to many EVOO's using the Coca pulse test. I was thankful that I did not react to the Coratina.

If you've not already done so, I know Sharon would love it if you share your experience with her.

Thanks for sharing with us!
Tincup
E3,E4
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Good idea, Tincup. I will do so!
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Julie, I want to thank you for sharing this vender and discount with us! I gave it a try and absolutely love the evoo! I also want to share an interesting experience: The first few times I tried it, I felt an immediate sense of cognitive lucidity, like I was more present in the here and now. It was only the first few times I had it that this happened, but something clearly went straight to my brain in this recovering CIRS group member. :idea:
Plumster, sorry I'm late to respond. That is excellent news. Did you see the recent randomized clinical trial from Greece that tested the effect of high-polyphenol extra virgin olive oil in those affected by mild cognitive impairment? The results were impressive. The subset receiving the highest polyphenol oil showed significant improvement in multiple cognitive domains independent of ApoE4 status. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 110920.php

Those of you who regularly correspond with Sharon at Amphora Nueva, may want to know that she recently got a new email address: Sharon@amphoranueva.com. (I'm sure that she'll still respond to her old email address as well.) If you decide to order, be sure to ask for the "ApoE4 discount." A regularly priced 750ml premium bottle (normally $21) is discounted to $16 for us. Cheers to your health!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote:
Did you see the recent randomized clinical trial from Greece that tested the effect of high-polyphenol extra virgin olive oil in those affected by mild cognitive impairment? The results were impressive. The subset receiving the highest polyphenol oil showed significant improvement in multiple cognitive domains independent of ApoE4 status. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 110920.php

Those of you who regularly correspond with Sharon at Amphora Nueva, may want to know that she recently got a new email address: Sharon@amphoranueva.com.
Thanks for these tidbits Julie!

The pilot study is promising (n=20 per group). I pulled it up using Sci-Hub. Interestingly, the high polyphenol EVOO also had a high amount of vitamin E (290 mg/Kg vs nil for the medium polyphenol EVOO), which they sought for that group. I think vitamin E is a preservative no? It would be interesting to know how much of a role that plays, since who knows how much vitamin E is in the different high polyphenol EVOOs.

Also, they provide a chart comparing the constituent amounts of the two oils used. There's not a total polyphenol count in any way that I can understand (there are a couple index scores noted), so I'm wondering if the one Amphora provides is oleocanthal … I think so? The high polyphenol EVOO used had oleocanthal at 412 mg/Kg, a fair amount below some of the highest polyphenol EVOOs many of us are ordering through Amphora.

Now the trick is to get Amphora to acquire the Yanni’s Fresh from Chalkidiki olives produced by 'Yanni’s Olive Grove', Nea Potidaia, Chalkidiki, Greece'. I'm being picky here because I still believe in other high polyphenol EVOOs, and there are ones higher in polyphenols than the studied one. My new question is if you have an EVOO that's even higher in polyphenols but has no vitamin E, how fast might it degrade compared with the studied one, and would that degradation impact clinical results if it were studied.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Thanks, Julie, I had not seen this study. Good news!
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Whatnow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Whatnow »

I am about to place my first order with amphora nueva. They have an EVOO (Organic Tunisian Chetoui) with a polyphenol count of almost 1128. I've never seen one that high. Has anyone tried this? Any recommendations from their current offerings? Thanks.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I am about to place my first order with amphora nueva. They have an EVOO (Organic Tunisian Chetoui) with a polyphenol count of almost 1128. I've never seen one that high. Has anyone tried this? Any recommendations from their current offerings? Thanks.
I'm using the Chetoui now and really like it. With a polyphenol count of 1128, it's surprisingly mild— still packs a punch. That said, if you are used to grocery store varieties, this may not be the best introduction to high polyphenol EVOO. They have other lovely EVOOs now from Portugal and Spain, with counts in the 400s that are still very healthful. I consider the milder oils to be akin to training wheels on a bike. Most of us had to acclimate to higher polyphenols in stages. If you go for it, I'll be curious to get you feedback.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote: I'm using the Chetoui now and really like it. With a polyphenol count of 1128, it's surprisingly mild— still packs a punch.
Hi Julie, I'm just curious, since I'm about to place a fresh order, whether by "packs a punch" you mean the peppery quality? I'm assuming so. It would be interesting to try this. Does a nice olive oil flavor come through or is it overwhelmed by the peppery effect? Maybe I'll get one bottle and the other two something in the 400-700 range.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

circular wrote:Hi Julie, I'm just curious, since I'm about to place a fresh order, whether by "packs a punch" you mean the peppery quality? I'm assuming so. It would be interesting to try this. Does a nice olive oil flavor come through or is it overwhelmed by the peppery effect? Maybe I'll get one bottle and the other two something in the 400-700 range.
Whatnow wrote:I am about to place my first order with amphora nueva. They have an EVOO (Organic Tunisian Chetoui) with a polyphenol count of almost 1128. I've never seen one that high. Has anyone tried this? Any recommendations from their current offerings? Thanks.
When I first ordered this, it was described to me as a “medicinal olive oil” rather than something that would be used on food. Of course everyone’s taste buds are different, and I am used to high polyphenol oils, but I was surprised that it is delicious with a smooth flavor. In my mouth, it is very grassy and creamy. When I have it by itself, as an EVOO shot, as I swallow, it briefly catches in the back of my throat. That doesn’t happen when I have it on a salad or topping other food. If you find it too intense by itself, you could always combine it with another of the Amphora Nueva high phenol oils. I enjoy it and don’t find overwhelming. A package containing my second order arrived yesterday. I also order the Hojiblanca and Chilean Favolosa.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Whatnow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Whatnow »

Thanks for all your replies. I believe I will try the Chetoui and also order some of the Spanish Hojiblanca and the Kalamata. The Coratina that everyone spoke so highly of is now one year past crush date. Is that too old?

I've been using the Costco brand (which is supposedly around 400) without problem. Also, a Kalamata from a local store that was around 600. So, I think I'll be okay with the Chetoui. If it does turn out to be too much for me, I can always use it to drown the flavor of sardines. I figure it's a win either way.