ERMAWGERD. I've Been Accepted into Dr. Isaacson's CLINIC!!! :D :D :D:

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: ERMAWGERD. I've Been Accepted into Dr. Isaacson's CLINIC!!! :D :D :D:

Post by Tincup »

Lilly,

That is wonderful!!

Very excited for you!!
Tincup
E3,E4
bentkat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bentkat »

I think you should move to NYC for medical reasons. Should be tax deductible, eh? :roll:
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

(((Lilly))). We'll expect you to spill all after your appointment!
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

I know they needed someone to be in charge of mirth and merriment. You are just the right choice!
I am so happy for you.
Angelheart301
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Angelheart301 »

I searched this site looking for a description of your experience with Richard Isaacson's clinic, and don't see anything. Maybe I'm just not very good at maneuvering this site yet. Am I missing something?

I've tried to get an eval there but so far, no response. I'm 72, APOE3,4 and a strong family history of AD. So far my memory is pretty much intact.
ccfield
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ccfield »

Hello and Welcome Angelheart301!

I see you've been a member for quite a while but since this is your first post, I would like to officially welcome you. If you are so inclined, you can post your story in the Our Stories forum. We'd love to know more about you.

I imagine that since you've been a member for a while, you've already read the Primer, but if not, it's quite extensive in its information on ApoE4. It was written by physician member Stavia who continues to update it with new information.

Regarding the search, while I also am not finding a description of Lilly's experience with Dr. Isaacson, you can search his name using the Search function at the top of the page. There are many mentions of Dr. Isaacson over the years in numerous threads which might be helpful to you.

We are glad you are here and if you have any questions regarding how to use the site, please feel free to private message me. Welcome!

- Carrie B
- Carrie B
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Greetings AngelHeart301 and ditto on the welcome to the apoe4.info website! Glad you joined us, glad to hear your memory is in your words 'pretty much intact' and congratulations on your first post. I am not finding any additional info about Dr. Isaacson so while we wait for Lilly's response please let us know if there are any other questions or ways that we can be of assistance to you. One other suggestion might be to use the private message feature (on apoe4.info) and contact Lilly directly with your question - you would need to enter her full username which is LillyBritches. Good luck!
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Angelheart301 wrote:I searched this site looking for a description of your experience with Richard Isaacson's clinic, and don't see anything. Maybe I'm just not very good at maneuvering this site yet. Am I missing something?
I've tried to get an eval there but so far, no response. I'm 72, APOE3,4 and a strong family history of AD. So far my memory is pretty much intact.
Welcome Angelheart301!

I am guessing that you've called the direct clinic number at 212-746-0226, and have seen their website as Alzheimer's Prevention Clinic

We have another member who has been to Dr. Isaacson's clinic at Weill Cornell in NYC. Here is a link to a review by "Shacherry" of Dr. Jessica, Pena, a cardiologist who is in a different program called Heart Health at the Weill Cornell: Jessica Pena, M.D. "Shacherry" was referred to Dr. Isaacson's clinic for further follow-up by Dr. Pena. I've copied a piece of her review, so that Shacherry will get an email notifying her of your interest in Dr. Isaacson's clinic, and she may have ideas about how to get an appointment.
shacherry wrote:I am at ease knowing that Dr. Pena has my back for the long haul. A year ago when I went to see her and mentioned I felt my memory was slipping she referred me to Dr. Isaacson's Alzheimer's Prevention Clinic at Weill Cornell. She knew that heart disease is a risk factor for AD and Vascular dementia.
If you are interested in clinical trials for people who are "pretty much intact", those are also available in NYC, at NYU, and possibly also in Brooklyn and other nearby areas.

Hope this helps. Hugs from a 66 year old ApoE 4/4 "pretty much intact" genetic sister!
4/4 and still an optimist!
shacherry
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shacherry »

Angelheart301 wrote:I searched this site looking for a description of your experience with Richard Isaacson's clinic, and don't see anything. Maybe I'm just not very good at maneuvering this site yet. Am I missing something?

Hi Angleheart301,

I see https://weillcornell.org/makoto-ishii-md-ph at the memory disorders clinic. My cardiologist who is at Weill Cornell had messaged Dr. Isaacson two years ago to have him see me, and he was not taking new patients.

I know the center only takes patients that's been referred , perhaps have your doctor call and request an evaluation. It's good to hear you are not experiencing cognitive issues. At the time my doctor referred me I was having memory issues, have a family history of heart attacks, stokes and vascular dementia coupled with just being diagnosed with a 40% blocked LAD artery at age 50 my doctor made the referral. I understand and commend your desire to stay on top of your risk and get a baseline screening.

If you are in NY. coulmbia University medical centers stroke and mememiy disorders department is running a national Alzheimer's study that might give you some of the information you are looking for. Johns Hopkins is doing a vascular dementia study and they give you a copy of your MRI and blood tests. I’ll post more details to both when I get back to the gym.

You can ask your primary care doctor to administer a mini cognitive test at your annual physical. The Alzheimer's foundation in NY, not association, offers free screenings.
ApoE 3/4