SNPs and vitamins / supplements

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
LanceS
Contributor
Contributor

SNPs and vitamins / supplements

Post by LanceS »

It is from Dr. Rhonda Patric, so if you are smarter than her or don't like her, I'm not making you watch ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyvL6X1j34U

Found a thing or two personally I didn't realize... I kinda tune out after a bit on my Promothease report
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: SNPs and vitamins / supplements

Post by KatieS »

Thanks Lance for posting this informative brief video. I need to re-listen to how one SNP(could not find on 23andme) makes you less responsive to estrogen activation of choline. New findings: poor convertor (rs2060793GG) of VitD to the active form, such that blood levels can look higher than they actually are and a poor convertor of plant-based omega3 to EPA (rs1535GG), plus the usual Vitamins B12, B6 and A. All this is so relevant to our dosing. Dr. Patric announced a new Apoe4 video is forthcoming.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

I have a hard time coming to terms with that Leiden Longevity Study. Is that really such a big difference in Vitamin D levels? I find it hard to believe that lower Vitamin D levels are preferable.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Rep, I think it would depend if you're a poor convertor to the active form like I am, you would want higher blood levels, probably not addressed in that study.
LanceS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LanceS »

Kitano wrote:Rep, I think it would depend if you're a poor convertor to the active form like I am, you would want higher blood levels, probably not addressed in that study.
I have traditionally hit around 50 blood levels. Doctor was astonished very happy. Of course, now I know why! I haven't been able to figure out what to do about it yet.

Ivor gave a good summary of his research into Vitamin D, but it is sort of a "vitamin D matters" not a what should I do if my 1.25 is too low
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3pK0dccQ38#t=257