Rep SO disappointed Cholesterol Numbers NO BETTER after 2.5 months of perfect diet

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Rshircliff
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rep SO disappointed Cholesterol Numbers NO BETTER after 2.5 months of perfect diet

Post by Rshircliff »

Hugs back to all of you. This is helpful. Didn't know about lithium and will look onto that. Guess it's safe to assume we don't know how it works with e4+.

Offhand is there a statin that is safe for e4 gene?
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Rep SO disappointed Cholesterol Numbers NO BETTER after 2.5 months of perfect diet

Post by KatieS »

You're doing to the right approach to just maintain and preserve through this long complicated & stressful period.
Please email me should I be able to help you with any SA questions.
As far as a statin, after two months on pravastatin 10mg (minuscule dose of hydrophilic statin), I have not experienced any side effects, but we'll see what my lipids reveal this week. If I need over a 20mg dose, I'm leaning towards a combo with Zetia. Just my opinion, but I think we should avoid high-dose statins unless we can monitor for depressed Demosterol levels.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Rs - as Kitano said, pravastatin and rosuvastatin cross the BBB the least and hence will be the least likely to interefer with brain cholesterol pathways. And I completely agree with her that a small dose of one of them plus a small dose of ezetimibe are likely to be the safest for our brains (with our current level of understanding which could change obviously)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

(((Rschircliff))) Sorry to be jumping in late. I hate the stress you're under trying to care for your Dad from a distance. I'm having a hard enough time with my peeps being close by. I'm sending good energy for you to have the strength and grace to deal with it all.

I really don't like the fact that your physician is unconcerned about your super high AM blood glucose readings. It might be time to look for someone who will help move you towards optimal health and take your concerns more seriously. You've already gotten lots of great ideas from everyone as to possible causes. Have you ever looked into "dawn phenomenon?" That may explain WHY your numbers are inexplicably high. Also, I've read that if you take a BP med that is a bit too high, it can sometimes cause BP crashes during sleep and glucose rises to compensate- just another idea.

Exercise is a great stress release and will help stabilize blood glucose- even plain walking. I sometimes pray or meditate at the same time; double duty.
GenePoole0304
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GenePoole0304 »

ya ya are you serious! that and two bits wont buy you a coffee.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10837282

anyone with high risk should aim for LDP#<700

studies are on here if anyone would read them or understand them or read DrDayspring and do a little research
yes be careful who you listen too as there are a lot of good intentions here and even more bad advice.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

GenePoole0304 wrote: yes be careful who you listen too as there are a lot of good intentions here and even more bad advice.
I see heaps of good intentions and heaps of very thoughtful and excellent advice amongst our members, who take their study very seriously, carefully consider each other's particular circumstances, and generously share their insights. I am extremely proud to be a member of our community.
GenePoole0304
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GenePoole0304 »

those on a statin should consider at least 300mg Coq10 to counter for its loss due to the statin.

ah stress just breathe deeply and get your mind working even soduko if you must.

I m off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of Oz, not DrOz, maybe it will also help others not to fear, fear itself, remember its just a pesky emotion and not a good one.

there is no perfect diet, just feed your gut..